Orc impulse: REAL

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

paleotaur wrote:
At least it's better than the Dwarven Mine Defender in which you get a shorter amount of weapons overall, and no shields. Lego just can't let us have our cake and eat it too.
A shorter amount of weapons? in a dwarf set. Is that a pun? or a Freudian slip? :P
I would say that was an intended pun, but I'll blame it on absolute exhaustion instead. :P
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

I can't wait for these to come out I'm buying a bunch. :D
Relnvar
Villein

Post by Relnvar »

Count Blacktron wrote:Rats! No shields! No really, it has a rat instead of a shield. :evil:
Evil LEGO, very evil.
Well, you could always look on the bright side :P! With a bunch of rats from other sets, and then from the impulse set, one could make a Pied Piper or maybe a Bubonic Plague Vig or MOC (despite I'm not sure how you can find a bright side from the Black Plague :shock: !).
raginalbino
Villein

Post by raginalbino »

Ugh the ugly helmet and yay a rat. The silver sword instead of the bronze is very nice though.
Never enough brick

old stuff
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=ragin
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

raginalbino wrote:Ugh the ugly helmet
You are right. The helmet is not only ugly but has a defective design as well, as can be seen here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/ ... orc02b.jpg
Uglyness fits the Orc theme, though.

Bye
Jojo
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

thats a great helmet! i can here cash registers going kerching in my head!
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

Hook me up with a hundred to start (as he phones Visa to have his limit raised - again).

I actually really like the new helmet; although, it is correct to point out that it doesn't fit with the standard euro armour.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
Lord Eor
emoticon patrol

Post by Lord Eor »

Dude yea, the only things I hate about them are the wierd swords, way out of scale I know that LEGO has always done things out of scale but that is way out there. And the helmets, I hate when LEGO makes new stuff for what ever, I wish they would just reuse stuff. They never do anymore, they make new stuff evey time they make a new set.
who ever finds the Golden Sword of the ancient Kings is just a lucky person.
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/11184
metalandi
Villein

Post by metalandi »

That's not true. and think about, where lego would stand if they would have never changed the design of things, i guess lego wouldn't een exist anymore. changes are a MUST imo. it would get boring far too fast. and why do you think the swords are out of scale? most normal medival swords had a length at about 1 meter, or even longer, so i really don't think they are out of scale. also note that orcs wouldn't be the biggest species.

and in the end, think about that lego is a toy, nothing less and nothing more.
Invaderjes
Peasant

Post by Invaderjes »

I really dig the swords. I went and bought the Exo-Force Storm Lasher just so I could have twelve of 'em. (Don't have any orcs/trolls/trorcs/ yet, but when I get some, they'll be well equipped)
Lord Eor
emoticon patrol

Post by Lord Eor »

metalandi wrote:That's not true. and think about, where lego would stand if they would have never changed the design of things, i guess lego wouldn't een exist anymore. changes are a MUST imo. it would get boring far too fast. and why do you think the swords are out of scale? most normal medival swords had a length at about 1 meter, or even longer, so i really don't think they are out of scale. also note that orcs wouldn't be the biggest species.

Well maybe, I could stand it if everything wasn't metalic, ya know. And the swords are out of scale because of width not length. I like to reuse the undead swords.
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

Lord Eor wrote:
metalandi wrote:That's not true. and think about, where lego would stand if they would have never changed the design of things, i guess lego wouldn't een exist anymore. changes are a MUST imo. it would get boring far too fast. and why do you think the swords are out of scale? most normal medival swords had a length at about 1 meter, or even longer, so i really don't think they are out of scale. also note that orcs wouldn't be the biggest species.

Well maybe, I could stand it if everything wasn't metalic, ya know. And the swords are out of scale because of width not length. I like to reuse the undead swords.
The same as I'm ok with orcs without shields, I like they're swords. When I first saw them, I admit I hated them. But paired with an orc, they have a rough hewn quality to them. Like an unskilled orc smith forged them. Kinda like the square-ish orc swords in LotR. I did them now.
Lord Eor
emoticon patrol

Post by Lord Eor »

Accually those are Uruk-hai scimitars and their not unskilled, their quite awsome looking. And the skeleton swords look alot like the orc scimitars.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

In the books uruk-hai are orcs/goblins.... PJ mutilated that one sadly. The swords were made by unskilled smiths that were crude and only efficient in the hands of the strong uruks according to the art designers in the bonues info on the DVD under Weta workshop.

I Like the swords as well. I hope lego PaB sells the shields (or any shields) soon.

R
Lord Eor
emoticon patrol

Post by Lord Eor »

Well I like the Uruk-hai scimitars, and even the unskilled can do a good job without knowing it. And now that I think back I do recall them saying the orcs being unskilled. And as for the shields, I think their great, really like how they took away the stud in the middle of the shield.