30%
GERRR I Hate Them They Are Stupid!!
39%

Total votes: 67

Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

sir dano wrote:
kibosh wrote:Which of you talented builders will go down in history as finding a good use for them? As an architectural detail of some kind perhaps? I am always amazed when I find what I thought to be a useless piece used ingeniously in a great MOC.

I throw the gauntlet down!
That would be a good idea for a contest.
It would, actually!
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

Dr. J wrote:I'm gonna laugh when someone actually votes "yes they are great."
Well some one did! :shock:
And that is a great idea for a contest!
I do like the grays and black.
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
jangofett14
Apprentice

Post by jangofett14 »

I hate!
But i hate too colorfull armours and knights, like this:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=145635
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=filozof33]My Gallery[/url] | In Progress - CCC VI
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

I think that having a contest like that would be great. I can't believe someone voted yes they are great. :lol: I'd like to know why they like them. :?
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I really don't like the multi-colored variety of the KK2 Zwords, they are too Power Rangers for my liking. That being said, I do sort of like the metalic colored ones, and I would not mind doing the unthinkable to them, cutting off those upside-down hand guards. If they did not have those stupidly designed upside down hand guards, then they might actually look like Viking/European broadswords. Generally I don't like alterations to officially produced LEGO parts, but in this case I feel it is needed and I cannot believe LEGO approved their design as they are.
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

The only thing I plan on doing with them is arming a contingent of Space Vikings. Not much good for anything else.
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

As there seems to be the thought (?) in this thread about it only coming in 'useless' colours. I would like to point out that it does come in other colours than just red and yellow:
Black
Dark Red
Red
Yellow
Copper
Flat Dark Gold
Flat Silver
Metal Blue
Pearl Gold
Pearl Light Gray
Metallic Gold
Metallic Silver

I will have to agree that the sword looks too futuristic; however, this isn't as noticeable if one were to use black (I have many in this colour/shade).

Now the katana is certainly my favourite sword of all time yet it also comes in the horrid colour (to me) Dark Turquoise - I just don't use it.

I take my hat off to those that are suggesting a contest to use the sword to its potential - now there are some people that are thinking.

Same with the KK2 knights (if I may add this here as well). Sure, not my favourite, but some people are very fond of them. I can appreciate that. My children and I have found very good use for them:

Cheers people, and I look forward to seeing what might come from said contest if it should occur.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Post by Tanotrooper »

As for a medieval time span, no, not really.

Then again, I used it for Egyptian troops, and they are usable for Gallic and Germanic tribes too I believe. The sword has a lot of potentials, just not really in the medieval period.

TT
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I still am thinking of making mods to them. Especially the weird crossguard. Maybe light heat with a hair drier and then pushing them on a straight edge?

R
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Post by RebelRock »

Sir Nelson wrote:I find that the Zwords are excellent as toothpick substitutes for serving hor d'oeuvres.

What a flawed poll.
:lol:

Definitely. I taught my dog to sit using Zwords for treats. :P
oleth
Villein

Post by oleth »

They seem they came out of an epic-metal album cover where the hero stands over a pile of skeletons wielding his magic-zap-o-power-thunderbolting sword.

I don't consider them lame since they are able to catch an aura (the above). But they look kinda out of place.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

RebelRock wrote:
Sir Nelson wrote:I find that the Zwords are excellent as toothpick substitutes for serving hor d'oeuvres.

What a flawed poll.
:lol:

Definitely. I taught my dog to sit using Zwords for treats. :P
Those are NOT hor d'oeuvres!! :shock:
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

I try not to use them much, unless I have to. There is nothing, really, I can use them for anyway. They would be great for a "sword in the stone" sword, or a part of a statue.

Blue <><
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Until I can buy enough swords to replace them, I shall use them because they are plentiful. After that, I'll probably customize them to my heart's content. And I hate the handguard and the non-grippable butt end. Not enough variety in how to hold it.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Count Blacktron wrote:I really don't like the multi-colored variety of the KK2 Zwords, they are too Power Rangers for my liking. That being said, I do sort of like the metalic colored ones, and I would not mind doing the unthinkable to them, cutting off those upside-down hand guards. If they did not have those stupidly designed upside down hand guards, then they might actually look like Viking/European broadswords. Generally I don't like alterations to officially produced LEGO parts, but in this case I feel it is needed and I cannot believe LEGO approved their design as they are.
Although I would not modify them I do agree that they look like broadswords. I still can't stomach using them as they look like they belong in a '70s heavy metal band video or a Voltron cartoon (which wasn't too bad in itsself). Ycch!
I'll try to think up some use for them, though.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!