Approaching 100 minifigs!

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Foxglove
Laborer

Approaching 100 minifigs!

Post by Foxglove »

I wasn't sure where to put this, so if any Admins feel it's in the wrong place, feel free to move it. Thankyou.

For me, it's phenomenal. I've only been collecting Lego since Christmas 2007 when I bought myself a King's Castle Seige out of nostalgia (On special for 20% off, plus a further 10% because it was the only one left and the box had been opened).

In the four months since this happened, I've gotten to a total of 88 Crownie figs. This is without buying any extra figs from Bricklink or Ebay, they're all purely from sets I've bought.

Having the Australian Chess set halve in price recently greatly helped in that regard, as I bought two.

The 88 I have is including my four kings and three princesses, so if we remove the spares, I'm still at 83 figs. While this may pale in comparison to some of your collections, I'm still amazed my Lego-craze has taken me this far.

My trolls are starting to look pitifully outmatched - there's only 35 of them.
My dwarves? 11.
My skeletons? I'd have to count them, but it'd be in the 50-70 area aswell.

This is incredible to me. Who'd have thought such enjoyment could be wrought from little plastic men? :D
Pass not beneath, O Caravan, or pass not singing. Have you heard
That silence where the birds are dead yet something pipeth like a bird?
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Yep. Then somewhere around 300 or so you'll decide they all need different pants. Then around 500 you'll change all their hands. It never ends. :lol:
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

Sweet. I'm somewhere aroung 100 crownies, with another twenty if you count my stormtrooper-with-silver-armor Paladins. I love this hobby :D
HeartOfDorkness
Foxglove
Laborer

Post by Foxglove »

Count Blacktron wrote:Yep. Then somewhere around 300 or so you'll decide they all need different pants. Then around 500 you'll change all their hands. It never ends. :lol:
Actually, I was planning on building up a Peasant militia now that my crownies seem capable of defending their castle adequately - 60 or so should do fine for now. :D

The best part about my Crownies? The better part of my forces have been outfitted with the official Crown body armour, and all of them have shields. I still have another 25+ shields lying around to cover future purchases. Thanks Bricklink!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Just think how many you'll have if you keep collecting for 10-20 years like some of us. 100 figures per faction for 20 years will add up quick. :D
Just something to look forward to...
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Congratulations! Milestones like this are always fun.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Congrats on almost getting to a hundred Crownies! I rescently passed getting 400 figs total, no thanks to a certain chess set.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Invaderjes
Peasant

Post by Invaderjes »

Wow, nice horde!
Looks like your trolls will have to learn to network if they're going to stand a chance.
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

I only have 19 crownies. Must...buy...more...Lego...

I didn't start really re-collecting until March of this year when I moved from Detroit to Germany (Detroit is pretty much dominated by Mega Bloks and the like these days), and I'm a 20-year-old student only a little over halfway through my studies, so I'm not exactly made of money.
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

I'm at about 20-25 which means I have more crownies than any other faction :) . Since I have limited space to display and build my creations though, this number works for me.

-Hob Took
Foxglove
Laborer

Post by Foxglove »

MoonCheese wrote:I only have 19 crownies. Must...buy...more...Lego...

I didn't start really re-collecting until March of this year when I moved from Detroit to Germany (Detroit is pretty much dominated by Mega Bloks and the like these days), and I'm a 20-year-old student only a little over halfway through my studies, so I'm not exactly made of money.
I didn't realise how many I had until I counted them. It really doesn't look like eighty+ figs. I was just sitting there going "Okay, fifteen crossbowmen, twelve spearmen, eleven axemen, nine knights, fifteen squires- Wait, how many of these little things do I have?" :D

I tend to buy two of each of the set that comes out (Only one Troll warship so far, but I'm considering it...).and the figs just started adding up. Two chess sets really helped. :D
Sir_Jed
Serf

Post by Sir_Jed »

I have to agree with Foxgloves comment.
Two chess sets really helped.
It is true for me too in fact i really love chess sets I bought two KK chess sets and they make up most of my Evil army( the SK not the baby blue ones)

Also i recently bought two of the new castle chess sets and now i have a fairly large crownie or good guy force to rival my shadow knights ( even though they are twice the size.) But as for the castle chess sets i would reccomend them to anyone infact i would reccomend all the chess sets to anyone they are a great buy.

The only one i havent bought yet are the Viking ones as i had a choice in between viking and kk so i chose kk.

Oh and more relevant to the subject i have offically around 40-50 crownies including a two kings and two princesses
Traveler
Reeve

Re: Approaching 100 minifigs!

Post by Traveler »

Foxglove wrote:Who'd have thought such enjoyment could be wrought from little plastic men? :D
Indeed!
yaya
Freeman

Post by yaya »

After a quick count, over 750 minifigs....125 of them pirates.
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

Man, you guys are serious collectors! I only have 3-7 per faction, with a lot of random minifig bodies from only God knows where!
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.