Create Your Own Adventure. ~Complete~ (WINNERS PAGE 6!!)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Are you all about it?

I'm all sorts of down.
78%
Hellz n0!
22%

Total votes: 55

Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Mine too.

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Sibley
Foot Soldier

Post by Sibley »

I just found out about this contest and am thinking of entering...I don't have any ideas yet but I've got a six-hour car ride tomorrow to think something up :)

Could you just clarify for me what you mean by "No fake blood"? Do you just mean no 'shopped-in blood, or even no trans-red tiles representing minifig blood?

K Thanks
Later,
~Dan Sibley
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=DSibley]Brickshelf[/url] | [url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/1225]MOCPages[/url] | [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsibley/]Flickr[/url]
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Sibley wrote:I just found out about this contest and am thinking of entering...I don't have any ideas yet but I've got a six-hour car ride tomorrow to think something up :)

Could you just clarify for me what you mean by "No fake blood"? Do you just mean no 'shopped-in blood, or even no trans-red tiles representing minifig blood?

K Thanks
Later,
Sorry Sibley, I meant to respond sooner! I mean no blood, for the sake of the chillen's you know. I've come to realize that CC needs to be child-proof and so should any MOC's we decide to post here. This is a GOOD community and although I like to pretend to cause trouble, I know it's not the place for mature concepts, because it's LEGO and LEGO, although we'd like to deny it is designed for kids and the most child-like attributes we possess really are the best in us. Anyway I dragged that out a bit...BUT the point is no blood. If you build so furiously that you accidentally bleed on your LEGO you won't be docked points. ;)
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

LORD DOOM wrote: This is a GOOD community and although I like to pretend to cause trouble, I know it's not the place for mature concepts, because it's LEGO and LEGO, although we'd like to deny it is designed for kids and the most child-like attributes we possess really are the best in us.
I do agree that we should try to keep it clean and not to gory but you do have to be at least thirteen to join the forum. Oh and not to take a shot at Rocko or anything(because his MOCs are simply amazing :shock:) but he has some pretty weird stuff in some of his MOCs.
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

castlebuilder100 wrote:
LORD DOOM wrote: This is a GOOD community and although I like to pretend to cause trouble, I know it's not the place for mature concepts, because it's LEGO and LEGO, although we'd like to deny it is designed for kids and the most child-like attributes we possess really are the best in us.
I do agree that we should try to keep it clean and not to gory but you do have to be at least thirteen to join the forum. Oh and not to take a shot at Rocko or anything(because his MOCs are simply ho:shock:) but he has some pretty weird stuff in some of his MOCs.
Rocko is an amazing artist and his work is really honestly INCOMPARABLE to many other artists in many many numerous creative ways, but I'm not Rocko and it's not my place to decide what's acceptable or not to him. Honestly I find nothing "unacceptable" about what he builds/imagines THATS NOT MY PLACE, I'd be honored if he himself entered my challenge but if his creation contradicted my expectations of what's SAFE or not he would, like any other contestant be disqualified. So yeah...k goodnight.

((Edit - for future reference CB100, please don't drag other builders and or their creations into the rules of this challenge. This challenge isn't about what you or he or she or I think is acceptable it's about what you can imagine and what you can create, given the elements allowed, namely LEGO. Following what I believe is a very simple set of guidelines. Refer to my first post.))
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

LORD DOOM wrote: I mean no blood, for the sake of the chillen's you know. I've come to realize that CC needs to be child-proof and so should any MOC's we decide to post here. This is a GOOD community and although I like to pretend to cause trouble, I know it's not the place for mature concepts, because it's LEGO and LEGO, although we'd like to deny it is designed for kids and the most child-like attributes we possess really are the best in us. Anyway I dragged that out a bit...BUT the point is no blood. If you build so furiously that you accidentally bleed on your LEGO you won't be docked points. ;)
Glad to see I'm not the only one that feels this way. While I do like the occasianal (sp?) gory MOC, I prefer it when there's not alot of blood.
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Wow! First Entry! And only five days left!

Okay, down to business...(Captions are below pics, followed by a larger deeplink.)

One day, while sharing a drink with his good friend Jorik the Red, Voran the Scholar was shocked when Jorik's crystal ball spoke, telling him it was his destiny to destroy the rogue wizard Xerxes of the Moors.

Deeplink

Now, with a band of bizarre but loyal companions, Voran must journey across the land,

Deeplink

through exotic environments, staving off Xerxes' numerous assassins,

Deeplink

Until their foe is vanquished...

Deeplink

The adventure begins, my friends!

This was a really fun contest. I tried my hand at some different techniques. Micro-scale, a detailed vignette, and a diorama. I hope you enjoy. More pictures will follow in the gallery once I have a chance to take more pics.

I look forward to seeing what the rest of you have to offer.

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

:o Wow Voran! What a great entry! :)
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

Here's my entry:

An unpleasant surprise

We were on our way to visit the dwarfs.
When we arrived at their mountain we were suddenly surrounded by Bhurths.

Deeplink

The Bhurths took us inside and put us in one of the caves they used as jail.
They must've killed the dwarfs and taken their mountain...

Deeplink

A couple of months later we heard shouts and the sound of weapons outside,
the Bhurths were under attack!

Deeplink

Later one of the king's soldiers opened the door of our jail.
After months of bad food and no fresh air we were finally free!

Deeplink

FLICKR
Brickshelf gallery when public

I hope you like it :P

DNL
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

OK, so I didn't really have the time and energy to do something serious, but here is a little homage to one (make that two) of the greatest movies ever made. I give you...

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Chapter Three

Final Chapter

And if you don't understand a thing of what this is about, I can only tell you to go see the Kill Bill movies ;)

Have a good day!
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Maedhros wrote:OK, so I didn't really have the time and energy to do something serious, but here is a little homage to one (make that two) of the greatest movies ever made. I give you...

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Chapter Three

Final Chapter

And if you don't understand a thing of what this is about, I can only tell you to go see the Kill Bill movies ;)

Have a good day!
Dang-it Jonas! Why'd you have to go and get yourself disqualified bah' breaking da rulez? Ridiculously sweet MOC's none the less. The rulez still stand though for this round so I can't accept this entry. Sorry Homie. :(

[Edit - I really am sorry too. I guess that was a dumb rule. I really didn't want to have to do that to anybody. My bad guys. ]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

LORD DOOM wrote:Dang-it Jonas! Why'd you have to go and get yourself disqualified bah' breaking da rulez?
Hang on.. what rule? :shock:
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Maedhros wrote:
LORD DOOM wrote:Dang-it Jonas! Why'd you have to go and get yourself disqualified bah' breaking da rulez?
You used fake blood.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Here is my entry. Sorry for the megablockian pic quality.
I made a feudal lord's house in a castle, but without the fortifications. There are interiors, but they will be updated soon.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7Swor ... img168.jpg
The seemingly peaceful home. Or is it?
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7Swor ... img165.jpg
The lovers planned to meet each another, but didn't expect to see the girl's dad
"I'll teach you to court my daughter!"
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7Swor ... img166.jpg
The oblivious wizard forgot where he had put his plant growth potion.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7Swor ... img167.jpg
On the top, a knight figths a skellie with a two-handed sword. The soldier has no idea on how he got there.
Thanks.
BTW, I love everyone else's entries.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

castlebuilder100 wrote:
Maedhros wrote:
You used fake blood.
Oh, my bad for not reading through the whole thread properly. I thought you meant photoshop effects and the like by "fake blood", no blood at all might have been a better wording.. I'll read more carefully next time ;)

I'm a little bit sad it had to end this way, but I'm afraid there's no other solution for having hurt the feelings of Maedhros. Only one thing left to do...

The Bride is back for the final cut

Cheers, Micah, and good luck with the judging ;)
- Augustinus Hipponensis