List of Custom stickers

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Quickblade22
22 times da man

List of Custom stickers

Post by Quickblade22 »

I thought of putting this topic together after seeing a request by 'medieval total lego' about the "best decals ever". This list is made up of CCers and is by no means complete or a ranking system. It's a list of stickers and decals that have inspired me. So here it is:

Formendacil's
Maedhros's
Lego Freak's 1
Lego Freak's 2
LORD DOOM's 1
LORD DOOM's 2
Fry Slayer's
Roaglaan's
Lamanda's
Quickblade's
Sir Dano's
Sir Dano's 2
Lego Knight's
Elephant Knight's
Azaghal's
Hound Knight's
Doodstormer's
theboywarrior
Gothano
Lobberuno
Mswlik

Classic-Castle's stickers by Anthony Sava and Joey Finnel
Kaminoan's

I know I left some out. If any of the members I have on the list wished to be taken off, just ask and I will remove it. If any members wish to be "added" to the list, just ask. Make sure that if you use a design, you give the proper credit.
Last edited by Quickblade22 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Sir Dano's semi custom decals

Credit goes to Anthony Sava, Joey Finnel, Lamanda2, Legofreak and Roaglaan.
Last edited by Sir Dano on Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lego Knight
Freeman

Post by Lego Knight »

The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

This is an excellent idea Q22! When I was doing some customizing 2 months ago I wanted a "utility" like this. I would suggest "sticky-ing" this topic, or even having such a listing from the main page. I know we have something similar, but that comprises articles, and this is simply a listing. I love the ability to browse such a list, and have the names near to hand to give credit where credit is due when I use the stickers.

I have just discovered some new treasures, thanks again Q22.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Nice idea. Quickblade, your book covers links seem to be broken. I really wanted to use some of those, so could you please see what has happened?
Thanks.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Thanks guys. I added Sir Dano's and Lego Knight's to the list above. For future refrence, anyone that wants added to the list just ask so we can keep them all in the same place and not have to look through pages to find someone's link.

Luis, I can't for the life of me figure out why the book cover's links are not working. I wanted to make more also. The book template came from Armothe. If I get it fixed, I'll be sure to tell you.
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Here are my stickers:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=140474

It isn't pblic at the current moment, but when it is, you might be a little blown away. It is a mess in there.

Enjoy!

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Well, I got un-lazy and did up a B-Shelf account, so could you please add it?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=321841
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Not to blow my own horn (who am I kidding, yes it is 8) ), but this thread concerns a custom faction sticker set I did a few years ago.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Hey, I added a few of the above member's decal's links and included new comer Hound Knight's to the list.
Hound Knight
Artiste De Sigifigs

Post by Hound Knight »

Wow, thanks! I feel very honored! I guess all those art classes payed off. :D :D :D
"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

wow - I have been "dead" for awhile, but it sure is good to know that I made a list that is so cool. :D You have a great list going on here.. bookmarkworthy.
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

Here's my decal folder, not all my decals are here though, I still have to upload them...
clickerdoodles are clickerlicious
legokilt
Bailiff

Best Custom Stickers?

Post by legokilt »

Folks,
Whom do you all think has the best custom stickers (Playbility wise)? I have gotten a few from several different bricklink sites and a few of those mentioned in the original post on this suject, and some of them are really good, and some of them I tear off the sticky stuff as well as the backing when I try to take the backing off. also, does anyone have a recommendation for how to keep the stickers in good shape. I have given some to my 9 year old brother and they arestarting to show their wear. Thanks.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I added doodstormer's a while back. :wink:

Hi, Legokilt. To answer your question, I think playability has to do with how Lego-y you want your stuff to look, as oppossed to what type of material you use. I personally have no experience with water-slide decals. I hear that they are the best for making the stickers seem official. They are also the hardest and most expensive to use. I have used sticker paper in the past. I'm not too fond of how the ink manages to chip and the edges can lift and bend. The method I use is to print it on regular paper. Use packing tape to cover it and scissors to cut the edges. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
Cheaper
Protects the decal
Gives it a shiny surface
Keeps from damaging the original print

Cons
If you cut the tape wrong, it looks bad on your custom
you still have sticky substance on the minifig

I hope this helps