a rondom question

Discussion of general LEGO topics
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

29 - Just old enough to have owned The Yellow Castle way back in the day. It was my first theme set and I can still remember waking up to it on Christmas Morning.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

My Age

Post by rogue27 »

I am 26.

I started collecting Castle in 1987 with the Forestmen, and then stopped from 1992-2002.

I was around for most of the good stuff and missed most of the bad stuff. Sadly, I don't have many of the 1984 and 1985 sets, but I do have good sets like Battering Ram, Knight's Stronghold, and Armor Shop.

Now that I'm back, I want to see more Castle lego. Sadly, it seems 2003 will have gone by without anything new for us.

2001 had Guarded Inn
2002 had Black Falcon's Fortress, Blacksmith Shop, and Castle Accessories.
2003 has nothing. A simple legend, MOC, or parts pack would be nice.
2004 has... [fill in the blank]
spckdt
Gong Farmer

Post by spckdt »

I'll be 35 next week :lol:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Topic moved

Post by architect »

Hi everyone,

This is a great discussion but it definitely should not be in the Lego Castle section. I have moved it to the General Lego section which is more appropriate.

Please read what the descriptions of the forum to post in the correct places. Thank you.

Ben E.
Sets Admin

P.S. I am two weeks younger than Lenny, so I am almost 24.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Most of the people posting so far are quite young! I turned 31 in October :D
Troy T. Moore
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hallo!

Bye
Jojo

dariofol
Freeman

Post by dariofol »

hallo ,

my first lego set are the yellow castle...... :wink:
i was a very little child

:D :D :D :D :D
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

22 in december.

Just coming out of my dark ages.

-Jeff
James
Peasant

Post by James »

28 .. fast approaching the firey furnace of Carrosel.

I got my first castle set for Christmas 84, and brought every one up till about 91. Returned in 2000
James Stacey
------
www.minifig.co.uk
I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I made a small analysis of this topic and there is no people answering who were between 16 and 21 years. The most people have between 23 and 26.

I'm going to theorise. Maybe between 16 and 21 is the major time of Dark Age when there is one, because not everyone has a Darke Age. But when you lived one it's about between 16 and 21. Some start younger or older (mine was 16) and some end before or after(mine was 23), but it's about this. And another thing who confirm my theory is that jeff_o_rama is 21 and said he just coming of of it's dark age.

Secondly. The fact that most people here are between 23 and 26 is that they started mostly with 1984-1988 castles. People older than this started mostly with 1978-1979 castles. So the 1984-1988 line was very succesful and it explain the amount of people between 23 and 26 years old.

So I guesse that there is many Lego Castle fan between 16 and 21, maybe more than those between 23 and 26, but they are in Dark age. :wink: Soon they will appear in the community... :lol:
Last edited by David Girard on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

David, an interesting theory. And i bet you're mostly right.

For myself, the dark ages began ~14 (i never totally stopped playing with lego) and ended when I was ~20.

The main reasons for my dark age was because I started doing high school theatre, art classes, and hanging out with friends - and getting a girlfriend.

I still remember that fateful day when I saw the cool LOM mechs at Walmart and my wife (then fiancee) said, "Sure, grab one.. you deserve it." Oh, how she has rued those words ever since.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=60996
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Mr. D
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

I will be 26 this year.

On the topic of dark ages, mine probably began in my teenager years, when video/computer games started becoming popular. But I realized the "pointlessness" of buying a game, getting bored of it, and never playing it again. And with the constant release of new gaming consoles and older systems becoming "obsolete", it was just a huge drain on money.

In 1997, with the purchase of 6097 Night Lord's Castle, my dark ages effectively came to an end. Over the past few years, I've spent a fortune acquiring the GOOD sets that came out during my dark ages. Recently, I've been buying stuff from S@H mostly because I'm not very interested in the current retail offerings (and I'm NOT looking forward to the Rainbow Knights either).
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

I am currently 25. My Dark ages started around 16 or so, and ended about 23. I guess I was a late bloomer... hehe

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Post by Dan_BL »

Funny think, my dark ages never happened. I got into lego at 8....and now I'm 19 and they're still out of the question! :-)

Way to go Dan!

Dan