Nedleh point

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Olog
Villein

Nedleh point

Post by Olog »

Nedleh point was discovered forty years ago. A place of military importance, being situated at the crossroad of two of the largest empires and the Stoneguard, also dangerously close to the Orc held territories. Nedleh point, due to it's before mentioned situation, has served as a trading post, and has some of the best wares in all the south-western regions. The rock of Nedleh is a rare phenomenon
that can happen only with special types of floating rocks. From rocks that spawn to life, to rocks that float through the clouds, the "Lapis volat banalis" is a species of rock that floats only after all water dries out of it. In this special case, the rock
has been trying to escape, but due to the tide, it never gets to completely dry out, thus creating the elongated shape. The same phenomenon has been found elswere, but none are as inhabitable as this. Geologists and mages alike have clarified that there is no
danger of the rock collapsing. Updated with a better lighted picture, but the quality of the camera still drags it down:

Click the pics for larger version.

Sorry for the grainy pics, taking pictures late in the day is not a good idea. This moc has used up all my dark blay and all my blue pieces, and is pretty much the largest and heaviest moc I ever built. Thanks for watching.
Last edited by Olog on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bikicsmilan
Freeman

Post by bikicsmilan »

Naggyon király! Really cool!
Is the construction stable enough, doesn't it tip over?
As for the Lapis volat banalis, it must be pretty hard and yet light as feather. That's why you never see flying statues, the rock is too hard to be carved... :D
What do the merchants trade at needle point?
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I think this is the first Floating Rock I've seen that's absolutely, unequivocally "castle" themed. And it's insanely cool too. The multitude of details and the nicely-mixed figs make really fun to just stare at. :shock: *shakes head vigorously* Anyway, I can see just how dangerously close to the orks they are.... And there's a jumping fish!

Great job Adrian.

~smcginnis
Last edited by smcginnis on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Olog
Villein

Post by Olog »

Milan: Koszonom :D

The top is evenly balanced by the tower, the small floating rock and the crane/weight. The only place I can hold the MOC is the thin part of the cliff.

The traders that have been the same the past years at Nedleh point. There's an armorer dwarf (as seen in one of the pics getting ticked off by a haggling customer), the weapons smith, and the pawnbroker selling her miscellaneous wares. Nedleh is also great because thieves can't escape too easily, making it a pretty safe place.

smcginnis: Thank you!

Fortunately, that's just an Orc scouting force, they've known about imperial activity in this area and they don't plan to tolerate it. ..Oh, and thanks for noticing the jumping fish :)
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Wow, that's cool. I love the how you did the rock.
bikicsmilan
Freeman

Post by bikicsmilan »

Are the prices stable at a semi-floating marketplace? :lol:
That troll on the nearby rock obviously wanted to change money and now he feels he was ripped off...
I love that there're ripples on the sea!
Adrian, I checked out your FlickR and you rule! Off topic, sorry, but your friend Norbi also seems to be quite talented. Doesn't he want to build something castle-themed?
Luke the Warrior
Peasant

Post by Luke the Warrior »

one word: Awesome :shock:
Starbucks is French for, You are paying to much for coffee.
Olog
Villein

Post by Olog »

Oh the pun is making me sea sick :P

Norbinak sajnos nincsen egyaltalan kastely keszletje... es ugy emlekszem hogy nem sereti a castle-t.

Luke and castlebuilder: Thanks!
bikicsmilan
Freeman

Post by bikicsmilan »

We might get moderated if we keep on talking Hungarian :wink:
Van emilcimed? Azon dumálhatnánk 8)
Lewa Rocks
Steward

Post by Lewa Rocks »

Wow That's so cool! How did you make the jumping fish? The bridge is really nice and so is the crane. The sword rack is really nice too! I absolutely love this MOC!
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

Just like all your other creations that I've seen, Olog, this is amazing and truly inspirational.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

bikicsmilan wrote:We might get moderated if we keep on talking Hungarian :wink:
Van emilcimed? Azon dumálhatnánk 8)
Oh I can speak Hungarian. Hdfgj jkwen mwen dfgi kjlswr.....well maybe not :wink:.
bikicsmilan
Freeman

Post by bikicsmilan »

Nice try castlebuilder100 :D
Of course you realize what you have just said? :)
Adrian, which set does the yellow flag with the eagle come from?
Olog
Villein

Post by Olog »

The yellow flag is actually a stickerd flag. The sticker comes from an exo-force set. I first used the flag for a faction of gryphon riders in my Golem attack MOC.

I also edited the main post with a much clearer picture.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Olog,

Very nice work. It is a unique MOC. The rock itself is very interesting but having the tower and market really made this MOC. Good job. I really liked it. Reminded me of some fantasy works I saw or read years ago.

R