Disgusted

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Disgusted

Post by Quickblade22 »

Dear CC members and friends,
Some recent events in my life have put me in a bind as far as my Lego goes. As a few of you know, my employment status has gone from not knowing if I was gonna have a job to having my schedule completely flipped on me. Ok, so what? Well, it's more complex than that which I can't get into right now. The real kicker though is that 2 weeks ago my nephew was visiting and decided to stuff his pockets with some of my special minifigs. Not just your common minifig, but ones that were important to me. Ones that had pieces that you don't just replace at the drop of a hat. In total, I think he took about 10 of them. I recovered 2 but was told "Oh, he couldn't have taken that many". The point of all of this is that it has put a big damper on my building experience. Those two events have combined to effectively put a hold on my happiness with my hobby. In short, I'm saying that I may not be as active as before. I may regain my losses, but for now I'm having a hard time . It didn't help that the very next week I watched as the same nephew get tons of Lego for his birthday. Just wanted to explain on the potential absence of Quickblade and thanks for the support of those that did know of some of the situation.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Hey Eric,

I'm really sorry to hear about that. A very similar thing happened to me and I had to start keeping my Lego room locked when they were around. I hate things like this and I understand the damper that puts on your enthusiasm. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Best wishes,
Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

my nephew was visiting and decided to stuff his pockets with some of my special minifigs.
ouch. That bites man. I've had friends and relatives try to get away with stealing my Legos before. It really sucks when they succeed. I feel for ya man. Good luck on recovering your lost figs. We'll miss you while your gone. Don't lose hope on finding those figs though. I've had stuff people took turn up about six months later in the weirdest of places.
Dwarves shall conquer all!!!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Wow, sorry about that. My cousin is always stealing my LEGOs. He also often hides them. I hope he grows out of it because I am at the point where I only ocassionaly let him build with them under my supervision. Luckily as far as I know I have recovered all that was taken.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Ah jeez..

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate turn of events, Eric. It's just too bad something like this had to happen..

Looks like I'll have to pack some extra good stuff in that Jambalaya box to help cheer you up. :)
I hope you feel better, and can regain your joy for the hobby soon enough.

Take it easy,

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I can sympathize my friend. Yesterday was the first day in 10 weeks that I got to build anything due to two jobs (a jumping ARM, yeah, yeah) and lots of work.

I have not had to deal with the theft part. I'm very up front about such things, and in my family I would get them back! I would be very clear that this nephew is no longer allowed in the same room as your collection. These little injustices really boil my blood, I've had to see too much happen to my kids in similar situatiuons with one of their aunts (I'm internalizing). But every family's dynamics are different, I know. I hope you get your prized figs back. Don't let this despicable act curb your enthusiasm for the hobby Eric.

Richard
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Sorry about that dude. Like I said on msn, good luck with the work situation.
It's crap when someone takes your Lego, I've had that happen to me too in the past. But if the kid denies it and the mother says he couldn't possibly have taken that many, what can you do?
Good luck getting them back or replaced, I hope that while you regain your figs one by one your interest in this great hobby will be sparked up again and better than ever :)
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Don't let your nephew destroy your hobby mate. The same thing happened to me before so I can relate. I think you'll eventually get your figs back. And if you don't, sneak into their house and scavenge through his collection(super stealth skills needed). I'm sure you'll recover quickly from this.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

My nephews like to try the same thing. So now, they are completely restricted to a small bowl of KK2 figs and one raised baseplate. To keep their little hands off my castles, I made them a small black castle that stays together that they can use. The rest I have locked up in a room that they can not go into.

I'm sorry your nephew did that to you. I would be tempted find pictures of the figs get a dollar amount and send it to his parents. They should be educated about how much money he truly cost you. And how rare the figs are.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

I am sorry to hear about that. I understand what you are going through right now, and I hope that your passion for LEGO will come back to you soon. Until then, hang in there my friend and I hope to see you back here soon.

Take care,

James
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

All the best and hope all improves soon!

God Bless,

Nathan
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

I can understand having your schedule totally flip-flopped on you. It happened to me when I started working this summer. I haven't built anything in months.

I can not relate to the theft part. I'm pretty much among the youngest of my cousins, so I have no cousins nephews or other relatives who would dare do such a thing. I would seriously do something about that. You can't let your nephew get away with that or he'll do it again.

I hope all goes well for you. I hope that you regain your love for this hobby and that we see you around in the future. And never give in to despair. Every storm passes in time.

May God bless you, Quickblade22.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

First of all, thanks for all the support. My mother is actually the one that said that my nephew couldn't have taken all of those minifigs. I've never had an incident like this with my family. I couldn't get too hostile about the situation because my daughter is currently on vacation with my mom and sister. There was no way that I was gonna let some bad feelings ruin my daughter's vacation. The next time I go to my nephew's house, I will be on the lookout for my missing figs. You can bet that not even horde of orcs is gonna stop me from taking back what is mine. :wink: I've thought of using different parts to replace my missing unique characters, but the sting remains. As far as my job goes, well if I can physically and mentally survive, I'll be fine. I'll also have to face one of my biggest fears nightly, but that could be the event that puts me over the edge. And no, it isn't the fear of the dark :wink:
Looks like I'll have to pack some extra good stuff in that Jambalaya box to help cheer you up.
Thanks Amanda, but I was in no way looking for sympathy. Rest assured, the Jambalaya is still a priority for me and I'll still be excited to participate.

You guys (and gals) have all been great. You're all part of staving off some potential self-destruction. I hope in the near future you can all look back and say "He's still as active. That was just Quickblade venting".

By the way.....did I mention that I was nearly struck by lightning? :shock:
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Quickblade22 wrote:By the way.....did I mention that I was nearly struck by lightning? :shock:

Wow :shock:, really? That's gotta be scary.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Quickblade22 wrote:By the way.....did I mention that I was nearly struck by lightning? :shock:
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse? ;)

I hope everything will turn out well for you (and I shan't continue preaching about how they - the employers that is, not the thieving children! - could never have treated you like that in Sweden, I think you've heard enough of that on MSN ;))
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis