Weekly Set Review: Fright Knight's Catapult

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Bandit
Laborer

Post by Bandit »

I think that this catapult is a very good seige weapon, but it's VERY dissapointing that LEGO didn't bother to give Batlord a hand weapon such as a crossbow or sword. Also, it's "pot flinger" doesn't shoot the studs far. I give it a 3/5.
Question: Why do we drive in PARKways and park in DRIVEways?
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

I love the pot, but like others have said, why is the king pushing the cart?

5/10

blue ><>
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

This one fits right in with the rest of the Fright Knights line. A trait mostly hated among castle fans, but you gotta admit, it's what makes the Fright Knights the Fright knights, whether you like it or not.
It's yet another Basil, this time without even a weapon, pushing a dodgy-looking contraption (it looks like he could hide a bunch of treasure chests in there ;)) with a brick-flinging stew-pot. Not a set design I would praise, but definitely a genuine Fright Knight set.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

I have allways disliked the frate knights :x :( :oops: . the helmit is dumb and the cart is a joke. the parts are all right but not a very nice salection. over all its a 3/10 and I'm being generas :shock: .
KKI is the best KKI is the best
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I imagine that the figure represents a knight starting out in his career as oppossed to bieng a leader type. Needs a weapon such as a sword, spear, or battle axe, though. Nice set.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Old_School_Fan
Laborer

Post by Old_School_Fan »

I picked up a couple of these recently off Bricklink. There aren't too many good factors about this set. Basil without a cape or weapon is unfortunate, and the catapult itself is ridiculous at best. The wagon wheels and lil pot are nice! And, personally, I've been a fan of Basil's torso.

Earlier castle sets used those 'flaming shot' pieces as gold, so if Wolfpack (for example) was to be at war with the Fright Knights, they'd run around gathering up the ammunition rather than being frightened. Maybe that is the point? Lure the enemy closer with a poor shooting, gold firing, catapult. :lol:
Kozai13
Peasant

Post by Kozai13 »

Cool little set, I once found a shelf full of this and the other promo Shell sets for 99 cents each at a discount store, so for the price, there are some pretty useful pieces.
Matt

Check out my brickshelf account:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Matman13

And my brickset profile:
http://www.brickset.com/profile/default.aspx?user=Matman13
darkstarsk8er327
Villein

Post by darkstarsk8er327 »

i dont as much like the catapult aspect of it but i think the torso and helmet are..... different...... all in all its just a little strange
darkstarsk8er327
Villein

Post by darkstarsk8er327 »

i think he needs a weapon