Peter Jackson returns to the fold

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Here's an online chatting session with del Toro and PJ that went on a couple of months ago. Linky
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I have been re watching the appendicies of the extended version of the LOTR and like most fans cannot wait for this to come out. Lets all hope for the best!
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:I have been re watching the appendicies of the extended version of the LOTR and like most fans cannot wait for this to come out. Lets all hope for the best!
-Tower
Yeah I've watched the movies countless times and have watched the extras three or four times. I'm about to rewatch the movies. I can't wait till 2011.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

McKellen confirms 'Hobbit' involvement

Sir Ian McKellen has confirmed that he will be starring as Gandalf in the forthcoming film adaptation of The Hobbit.

Speaking at the European premiere of The Dark Knight in London last night, McKellen said that his involvement is due to be finalised in the near future.

"Well, I haven't had the contract yet but it's everyone's intention that I play Gandalf so yes, I will be returning to the role," McKellen told Empire. "Although it's not until 2010, I'm very much excited about returning."

McKellen also revealed that he is looking forward to working with Guillermo Del Toro, who will be directing the movie.

He said: "Well, if you’re not going to have Peter Jackson, who else can handle the job? To get an international film-maker of his standing who adores the original trilogy, well I don't think you could possibly find a better replacement."
Digital Spy