64%
Fight to the Death
8%

Total votes: 25

Ganon
Serf

My new castle Wargame

Post by Ganon »

Well here's the rules for my castle wargame.

Rule:

1. A minfig can move 6 dots* on a baseplate.

2. You roll to see how many dots your minifig moves.**

3. Combat is resolved by rolling dice. You must try to win combat by getting 4+ or in other words 4,5,6. For close combat a minifig must be able to touch the body of the minifig he's attacking with his weapon. For Bows and crossbows, you have to be at maximum, 16 dots away.

4. Armor makes a difference. Every minifig has 2 wounds. If you give him armor then he gets 3 wounds. When all the wounds are gone the minifig dies. ( :cry: )

5. You can mount a warrior on a horse which lets him move faster,(12 pips, instead of 6) and kill in one hit as his height lets him cut the minifig's head off. ( :cry: ) You'll need 2 dice to field a horse man, as he can move anywhere from 0-12

6. You get 4 different unit types. 1. Most important, the Soldier! The Soldier can use any weapon in the game except lances.*** 2. Warrior, a soldier who has seen some combat but not as much as a veteran. 3. Veteran, a hardy warrior who has seen at least 2 campaigns. 4. Commander. The most important unit in the game.****

7. When you first play,all of your units are are soldiers, except the commander. Your units gain experience as they go along.*****

8. Level up! When a soldier has played through 5 scenarios and lived, he becomes a warrior. You can give him extra armor or you can leave him. When a warrior has lived through 2 campaigns and lived, he becomes a veteran. Veterans can wound a minifig on a roll of 3,4,5, or 6.

9. A scenario is when you fight a signal battle. A campaign ha a story line and is at least 5 scenarios.

10. Most important rule of all... Have Fun! I made these rules so you could play a small game or a big game, with only having to glance at the rules once.

11. Magic! For Magic you just do the same as shooting, that is, roll a die and hope you get 4+. You (The players) Come up with the spells. Spells include: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Shadow, Light. Plus healing.

12. Gunpowder. You don't have to incorporate gunpowder, but here are the rules for it. Just roll like you would with magic or shooting a bow or crossbow.

13. Equipment store.****** The equipment store is where you buy weapons or armor. You start out with 500 points at the beginning of each game. Now you may think thats a lot but it isn't. I'll give you a list of items at the store know.

Wizard, mage or any other magic use= 100 pt and they stay in your army forever.

Mercenaries= 50 pt plus you must pay them after the fight another 50 pt and again if you want them to stay in your army.

Horse= 100 pt*******

Heavy armor= 50 pt

Great weapon or armor(shiny weapon or armor)= 200 pt.

Gunpowder weapons= 300 (It is experimental after all.)

Standard= 50 pt.

Ballistae= 200 pt

Cannon= 200 pt

14. A standard lets your minifigs retreat in an orderly fashion after your commander has died. So your more likely to have more troops survive.

15. Killed soldiers. I forgot to mention this but a killed soldier, warrior or veteran is gone for good. You can still use the minifig, but he'll be a soldier again.

16. Siege Engines. I'm only going to allow Ballistae and cannons as I want to keep this fairly simple. To fire a siege engine, you must roll 4+. However, you must skip the Ballistae's or cannon's next turn as it needs to reload.

17. Magic users can use magic (Duh) but have manna. So they'll lose manna every time they cast a spell. Mage's have 100 mana which means they can cast 5 spells because all magic costs 20 manna. Warlocks have 200 manna and can cast 10 spells. Wizards have 300 manna and can cast 15 spells. Magic Users also have weapons, mostly daggers or swords they can use, beside a staff or wand.

Supplies you'll need: At least 5 minifigs per side or more(Preferably a total of 30 minifigs per side) . You'll need a few sheets of paper and a pencil or pen. 2 dice and maybe food and drink.

*= (Studs, pips, whatever you want to call them.)

**= (eg. I roll a 3 my minifig moves 3 dots. Alternatively you can move less then three.)

***= A lance can only be used by a mounted unit.

****= If your Commander dies, you lose and your forces run away. At that time, the enemy may do a humiliation round in which they try to defeat any and all retreating forces. However all retreating forces move twice as fast.

*****= A Soldier gains 100 XP a battle. So when a minfig gets 500 XP he becomes a Warrior. A Veteran has a minimum of 1,000 XP.

******= Warowk thought of this so I give credit to him.

*******= Imagine points, as gold.

I forgot to mention, If your fighter is using a big halberd or Glaive, he cannot have a shield. Shield are really just for show.

I designed this game so you guys could add on to it, just please give credit. I would also love to hear about house rules, and supplements you guys have added.

C&C welcome! The poll has been added!

BTW if you see something you think I should change please post as I can't figure out what's wrong unless you tell me what has to be changed.
Last edited by Ganon on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I'm just an archer trying to make a living."- Dietrich von Heckloch (Heck-lock)*
*= A character from my story I'm writing. (It's still in it's baby steps.)
CornLegoCorn
Freeman

Post by CornLegoCorn »

Great rules! But I always do mine differently, ya see, and it take a long time to prepare :cry: because it's 300 v 300(400) and setting up is forever...

The thing is my friend and I continue on a huge storyline which is currently at a standstill,

But back to the topic, you have pretty good rules and a great game setup! Keep improving.
Lamenting is the opening to the world of night.
WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

ganon wars! :) lol.. anyway great game i better test it

i forgot k.o mount

gmt:9:53 crown commander falled :cry: glorious day for owks!
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''
Ganon
Serf

Post by Ganon »

Hey at least you were the first one to play it. :)

@ CornLegoCorn: That was one thing I was trying to change, was that I don't really like games where there's 300 vs. 300 so I thought of this as a regiment or squad with their commander fighting against another regiment or squad.
"I'm just an archer trying to make a living."- Dietrich von Heckloch (Heck-lock)*
WARork
Apprentice

Re: My new castle Wargame

Post by WARork »

Ganon wrote:******= Warowk thought of this so I give credit to him.
lol :D
regiment cmand sounds special figth to death is pretty lame :)
oh, you get 500pts everynew game whoopsies
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''
CornLegoCorn
Freeman

Post by CornLegoCorn »

Ganon wrote:@ CornLegoCorn: That was one thing I was trying to change, was that I don't really like games where there's 300 vs. 300 so I thought of this as a regiment or squad with their commander fighting against another regiment or squad.
Yea, fighting with that many lego figs gets kinda... yea.

This kind of game you came up with will do really good with what i'm doing, turning all my forces into The Holy Roman Empire, with small armies conquering more land in Europe, while having a large city to maintain.

Duh, hehe, If you created a section of wall on the battlefield and had it attacked, using siege towers, ladders, rams or mangonels. That might make it a bit too big but wth.

EDIT: Small as it may be, I present My first Supplement for this game.
Simple but: The Crownies

http://mocpages.com/image_zoom.php?moci ... 1217382633

The Catapult in the back is carried by four men using pikes. The standard carrier and the Commander are.. Obvious with a little background hehe
WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

i sometimes put 2commanders so it wont be
commander hiding battle=BORING! commanders cant be sissies but then they die RETREAAT!! :)

''mah orcs are owks!''
Ganon
Serf

Post by Ganon »

That's a pretty cool Supplement CornLegoCorn. I think I'll add the Siege rules pretty soon. It sounds like you're doing a campaign. I think I'll add the advanced rules.

@WARork: Also I'm going to improve the game with 2 commanders.

Advanced Rules

1. The equipment store has more items, and soldiers. However you start the game with 1,000 points.

Junior Officer: 50 pt *

Catapult: 200 pt**

Horseman: 100 pt ***

Siege tower: 200 pt**

Ram: 100pt**

*= A Junior Officer, may replace your commander when the commander dies. Limit 2 Junior officers, per regiment.

**= Catapults, Rams and Siege towers must be pulled by at least 4 soldiers. Alternatively, if your army's an orc (Trolls) army you may use a Giant Troll to pull your siege tower. To move a siege engine, you must roll as always, but they can only move 3 dots instead of 6 as they're massive pieces of wood and metal.

***= Horseman is and upgrade to your infantry, giving them a horse. Limit 5 horseman per regiment. Commanders and Junior officers don't count.

2. Siege! For a siege, you must have at least a wall set up or a castle. The attackers, must buy a ram, and catapult at the minimum. The attackers must breach or storm the walls (or wall) and kill all the defenders. The defenders must hold out for at long as their commander survives, and must defeat their enemies without leaving the wall of the fort or castle. The defenders must also hold out for 20 of their turns.* No horses are allowed to be in the defenders army, as well as siege towers, catapults and rams. However if the defenders have a castle, then they may hold out for as long as possible within the castle.

*= that means they play for a total of 40 turns as the enemy will also have 20 turns.

3. Campaign's may take a while, as the best campaigns, take up to 10 scenarios but you may do less. You have two options, for a campaign. Option 1 is to just do fighting but getting, or making a map of where you want to fight, with big dots being, cities, towns and a star being the capitol . Option 2 is where you have a city, and do pretty much the exact same as the campaign option 1, except that you have to defend the city at all costs. Of course you may edit the rules so you do different things with the city.

Well I guess that wraps up the advanced rules.

Special credit goes to CornLegoCorn for his first supplement/army.
CornLegoCorn
Freeman

Post by CornLegoCorn »

Ganon wrote:Special credit goes to CornLegoCorn for his first supplement/army.
Hehe

Im workin on #2
Ganon
Serf

Post by Ganon »

Alright! It's time to post the Skirmish Rules!

Skirmish Rules

1. In the equipment store you have 300 points instead of 500 pt. The equipment store also has less items. Here is the skirmish equipment store.

Junior Officer: 50 pt

Mercenaries= 50 pt plus you must pay them after the fight another 50 pt and again if you want them to stay in your army.

Standard= 50 pt.

Heavy armor= 50 pt

Great weapon or armor(shiny weapon or armor)= 200 pt.

2. Fighters only get 50 XP instead of 100 XP.

3. The only other new rule for Skirmish is that you only use 5-10 minifigs at maximum.

Pretty much Skirmish is just a small game that could probably take anywhere from 10-20 minutes.

You can play a skirmish Campaign in which you play skirmish games instead of normal scenarios. I suggest that you play a skirmish for your first game as they are simple games that take only a few minutes.

Don't forget, Normal rules still apply!
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

I think that if gunpowder is so expensive, you should give it more power. Your rules are fairly simplistic and easy to use, but I honestly prefer a more beefed up set of rules with greater variety. I've begun to rewrite some of the Brikwars supplemental stuff to make it less time-consuming and more user-friendly. Sounds like a good game though.

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:I think that if gunpowder is so expensive, you should give it more power. Your rules are fairly simplistic and easy to use, but I honestly prefer a more beefed up set of rules with greater variety.
I agree with Voran on this one.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Ganon
Serf

Re: My new castle Wargame

Post by Ganon »

12. Gunpowder. You don't have to incorporate gunpowder, but here are the rules for it. Just roll like you would with magic or shooting a bow or crossbow. Luckily for you if you have gunpowder, you negate all effects of armor, thus allowing you to instantly kill a person if you get the right dice.
There I fixed the Gunpowder rules. I might try my hand at making a more beefed up version later, probably around Christmas, as I have school soon and will have a ton of work to do.
CornLegoCorn
Freeman

Post by CornLegoCorn »

Im on vacation, and I happened to bring a huge box of Lego's. I cannot do much with it. The printer does not print in color for some reason, and I have to print tons a black and white decals, tape em' on and make do with about 10 decalled figs. When I get back in 3 days I will finally be able to finish supplement #2.

There.
hpholland
Gong Farmer

Re: Game Rules

Post by hpholland »

Hi All,

First time poster here. LONG time Lego fan.

So after 9 years I started collecting Lego again, in the form of Lego Castle. (I'm 23 which means I was just waiting until I had money).

Ganon: Great rules. Simple yet fun. I've been building a rule set as well, which I will share when done. I prefer slightly more complex rules as I am a D&D fan :wink:

I love the standard bearer rule - I had exactly the same one but in addition the standard bearer grants bonuses to morale, etc (won't give too much away). To me it is a critical unit and one that should not be overlooked. I would suggest one standard : ~20 soldiers.

Frankly, my army size is modest (13 orcs, 9 knights, 6 dwarves, 9 skeletons - but this is not including any previous minifigures of which my brothers and I collected ~130 (Castle, Pirates and Wild West).

Cheers, h
Das ist sehr hesslich.