Well here's the rules for my castle wargame.
1. A minfig can move 6 dots* on a baseplate.
2. You roll to see how many dots your minifig moves.**
3. Combat is resolved by rolling dice. You must try to win combat by getting 4+ or in other words 4,5,6. For close combat a minifig must be able to touch the body of the minifig he's attacking with his weapon. For Bows and crossbows, you have to be at maximum, 16 dots away.
4. Armor makes a difference. Every minifig has 2 wounds. If you give him armor then he gets 3 wounds. When all the wounds are gone the minifig dies. (
5. You can mount a warrior on a horse which lets him move faster,(12 pips, instead of 6) and kill in one hit as his height lets him cut the minifig's head off. (
) You'll need 2 dice to field a horse man, as he can move anywhere from 0-12
6. You get 4 different unit types. 1. Most important, the Soldier! The Soldier can use any weapon in the game except lances.*** 2. Warrior, a soldier who has seen some combat but not as much as a veteran. 3. Veteran, a hardy warrior who has seen at least 2 campaigns. 4. Commander. The most important unit in the game.****
7. When you first play,all
of your units are are soldiers, except the commander. Your units gain experience as they go along.*****
8. Level up! When a soldier has played through 5 scenarios and lived, he becomes a warrior. You can give him extra armor or you can leave him. When a warrior has lived through 2 campaigns and lived, he becomes a veteran. Veterans can wound a minifig on a roll of 3,4,5, or 6.
9. A scenario is when you fight a signal battle. A campaign ha a story line and is at least 5 scenarios.
10. Most important rule of all... Have Fun! I made these rules so you could play a small game or a big game, with only having to glance at the rules once.
11. Magic! For Magic you just do the same as shooting, that is, roll a die and hope you get 4+. You (The players) Come up with the spells. Spells include: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Shadow, Light. Plus healing.
12. Gunpowder. You don't have to incorporate gunpowder, but here are the rules for it. Just roll like you would with magic or shooting a bow or crossbow.
13. Equipment store.****** The equipment store is where you buy weapons or armor. You start out with 500 points at the beginning of each game. Now you may think thats a lot but it isn't. I'll give you a list of items at the store know.
Wizard, mage or any other magic use= 100 pt and they stay in your army forever.
Mercenaries= 50 pt plus you must pay them after the fight another 50 pt and again if you want them to stay in your army.
Horse= 100 pt*******
Heavy armor= 50 pt
Great weapon or armor(shiny weapon or armor)= 200 pt.
Gunpowder weapons= 300 (It is
experimental after all.)
Standard= 50 pt.
Ballistae= 200 pt
Cannon= 200 pt
14. A standard lets your minifigs retreat in an orderly fashion after your commander has died. So your more likely to have more troops survive.
15. Killed soldiers. I forgot to mention this but a killed soldier, warrior or veteran is gone for good. You can still use the minifig, but he'll be a soldier again.
16. Siege Engines. I'm only going to allow Ballistae and cannons as I want to keep this fairly simple. To fire a siege engine, you must roll 4+. However, you must skip the Ballistae's or cannon's next turn as it needs to reload.
17. Magic users can use magic (Duh) but have manna. So they'll lose manna every time they cast a spell. Mage's have 100 mana which means they can cast 5 spells because all magic costs 20 manna. Warlocks have 200 manna and can cast 10 spells. Wizards have 300 manna and can cast 15 spells. Magic Users also have weapons, mostly daggers or swords they can use, beside a staff or wand.
Supplies you'll need: At least 5 minifigs per side or more(Preferably a total of 30 minifigs per side) . You'll need a few sheets of paper and a pencil or pen. 2 dice and maybe food and drink.
*= (Studs, pips, whatever you want to call them.)
**= (eg. I roll a 3 my minifig moves 3 dots. Alternatively you can move less then three.)
***= A lance can only be used by a mounted unit.
****= If your Commander dies, you lose and your forces run away. At that time, the enemy may do a humiliation round in which they try to defeat any and all retreating forces. However all retreating forces move twice as fast.
*****= A Soldier gains 100 XP a battle. So when a minfig gets 500 XP he becomes a Warrior. A Veteran has a minimum of 1,000 XP.
******= Warowk thought of this so I give credit to him.
*******= Imagine points, as gold.
I forgot to mention, If your fighter is using a big halberd or Glaive, he cannot have a shield. Shield are really just for show.
I designed this game so you guys could add on to it, just please give credit. I would also love to hear about house rules, and supplements you guys have added.
C&C welcome! The poll has been added!
BTW if you see something you think I should change please post as I can't figure out what's wrong unless you tell me what has to be changed.
"I'm just an archer trying to make a living."- Dietrich von Heckloch (Heck-lock)*
*= A character from my story I'm writing. (It's still in it's baby steps.)