Brickconburg Building Contest
EDIT: LAST MINUTE CHANGE/ADDITION OF PRIZES
OK, so as usual I am building last-minute and it seems so are others. if you want to enter just a building or just a wall section you will eligible to win one of the two trophies Josh Mentioned. Just bring it to BrickCon and let me know you want to be considered.
PRIZES: besides the 2 trophies and the title "Lord Mayor of Brickconburg" there will also be prizes including:
- Little Armouries armour and weapon set (still on sprues)
- Good Wizard (5614) (NISB)
(changes above not incorporated below)
In order to encourage a large Castle city and to recognize builders using the original Classic Castle City Standard I will be sponsoring the Brickconburg Building Contest at BrickCon08 in Seattle this coming October.
This is a contest for paired MOCs using the CCC standard. Entrants must bring to BrickCon both a wall segment (wall or gate or corner) AND a building for the town. Each will be judged individually but the two scores would be combined for a total to choose a winner.
- Entrants must declare their intent by PM'ing Tedward before October 1st, 2008 to be entered in the contest. Entrants are also encouraged to register with the Castle Display Coordinators to ensure adequate space is available in the display.
- A complete entry is two (2) stand alone MOCs: a CCC standard wall section of any type (corner, straight, or gate) and a CCC standard building for within the city walls. Partial entries will not be considered.
- DO NOT POST PICTURES or descriptions of entries before the event. (Let the judges be surprised at the event.)
- Only entries physically built and present in the City of Brickconburg as part of the Castle display at BrickCon08 will be judged.
- A grand prize will be awarded for the best entry as decided by the judges whose decision will be final. Other prizes or tokens may also be given by the judges for individual creations within the entries
- Multiple entries are permitted with the best scoring wall section and the best scoring building used to calculate that builders score towards the grand prize.
Questions about the contest should be posted to this thread and the rules above will be amended or clarified as needed.[/list]