Lego back at Walmart Canada

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Baites
Foot Soldier

Lego back at Walmart Canada

Post by Baites »

While visiting inlaws in Quebec, I saw that the local Walmart had some of the new Lego sets. There were castle, town, Star Wars and agent.

When I returned home to Ontario, I took a trip to my local Walmart, and they too had new Lego sets.

So, does this mean that Walmart Canada blinked and Lego is back on the shelves?
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

They came to an agreement back in February (CBC article) but it seems to have taken a long time for significant stock to be on the shelves again.
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

Good news,
Though as a Loblaws employee I kinda feel squeamish about giving THEM my loonie.
But hey, Lego's lego,
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Ser Loktar wrote:Good news,
Though as a Loblaws employee I kinda feel squeamish about giving THEM my loonie.
But hey, Lego's lego,
Ser Loktar
Never heard of Canadian dollars called "Loonies" before, but hey that's slang for ya.

I noticed that the Wal-Marts started carrying some new items as well here in Norcal (Northern California) after about a five month absence. Now I know why.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

Tower of Iron Will wrote: Never heard of Canadian dollars called "Loonies" before, but hey that's slang for ya.
The Canadian dollar coin has a picture of a loon on it. It didn't take long for the name to catch on.

And I was in Walmart the other day in Ontario, so I cruised by the toy aisle just for fun. I didn't expect much--there had only been Megabl*cks there for the last six months--but I was incredibly surprised to see Star Wars and the smaller castle sets! It seems like the castle sets had been far more popular too.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Ser Loktar wrote:Good news,
But hey, Lego's lego,
Ser Loktar
Employee loyalty just isn't what it used to be... :wink:

Mind you, my consumer loyalty remains unshaken. It doesn't matter that LEGO is back on its shelves: I still don't check Walmart.
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

The sets at wallyworld are also about 18~20% cheaper than they are at TRU - I stood there for about 5min looking them up on TRU's website on my blackberry to verify - bought every dang starwars set they had and a few of the batman's as well.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)