My Kingdom for a Village.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

My Kingdom for a Village.

Post by Count Blacktron »

Dear LEGO,

I suspect that a LEGO set will be coming along in a year or two with livestock; namely cows. I also am under the impression that there is a peasant lady in an upcoming Advent Calender. Furthermore, it has been many a year gone since the last officially produced pitchfork element, and a proper male working class peasant to wield it. I would like you to consider giving us a collector's series sort of Castle building series such as a farm or mill. Perhaps an inn or tavern. In short, we love the Castle theme and would dearly wish to see it expand to include farms, villages, merchants and royalty to mingle among the knights. At the very least it would give us something to defend from the onslaught of trolls and skeletons.

Hopelessly addicted to LEGO,
-Aaron West-
:idea:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

I agree.

I really think that a non-military castle themed lego set is coming out soon. I'd guess a market place or town square.

This reminds me of the pirates (possible) theme, where lego starts making pieces beforehand that work for the line.
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

I also think TLG might make a civilian set next year. They have already made a peasant woman and a jester, and they would never make two new minifigs for only one advent calendar. maybe they will make an inn? both figs could be used for that. And since there will be cows they could also make a farm, I would really like to see a male peasant.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

DNL wrote:I also think TLG might make a civilian set next year. They have already made a peasant woman and a jester, and they would never make two new minifigs for only one advent calendar. maybe they will make an inn? both figs could be used for that. And since there will be cows they could also make a farm, I would really like to see a male peasant.
I too would love an Inn, even though some of the members have made some fine examples over the years. An inn could have some merchants and nobles. The same goes for farms, but that may be less probable as young kids may not want that over a orc or knights set. Ahh, only if LEGO could let us have one FOL set at S@H like the Blacksmith's shop per year.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
sirJacob
Laborer

Post by sirJacob »

i have had the same ideas for some time now! i would love a mill or a farm! whats the point in building a lot of strongholds when they got nothing to protect other than some gold and a princesse (thats not so cute anyway)
deathdog1
Apprentice

Post by deathdog1 »

I'd like a farm or village -- that way the peasants could rise in revolt! Help! Help! I'm being repressed! (sorry, Holy Grail reference couldn't be helped).

Not only that, I need a gaggle of angry village folk to storm the castle of the mad doctor . . . and maybe an Igor (pronounced Eye-gore) as well.
Ok, I'll stop now.
"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!" http://glomshire.thecomicseries.com/comics/
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

expansion of the castle theme to include civilians would depend predominantly on how well the new lego city farm theme sell. (this is now public information - just check some of the news website about the 09 releases).

http://www.toynewsmag.com/news/30241/LE ... s-revealed

news above was discovered by grevious and posted on BrickHorizon.

if you want castle villages, then go out and buy lots of city farm sets. maybe in 2010, TLC will create this new subtheme. :P

on that note, haven't heard space fans requesting space cows or space farms yet though... guess that's 2011, right after we have castle cows?
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

natelite wrote:on that note, haven't heard space fans requesting space cows or space farms yet though... guess that's 2011, right after we have castle cows?
Not space cows, more like buggalo! :lol:

CornLegoCorn
Freeman

Post by CornLegoCorn »

:lol: Lol, lol and more lol.

who could forget the Buggalo?

But seriously, I'm looking forward to civilian sets (if they appear), something like that would be a great addition, who does TLC think makes all the bricks. :lol: Or raise the chickens, for the Drumsticks they all enjoy!
Lamenting is the opening to the world of night.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Re: My Kingdom for a Village.

Count Blacktron wrote:Dear LEGO,

I suspect that a LEGO set will be coming along in a year or two with livestock; namely cows. I also am under the impression that there is a peasant lady in an upcoming Advent Calender. Furthermore, it has been many a year gone since the last officially produced pitchfork element, and a proper male working class peasant to wield it. I would like you to consider giving us a collector's series sort of Castle building series such as a farm or mill. Perhaps an inn or tavern. In short, we love the Castle theme and would dearly wish to see it expand to include farms, villages, merchants and royalty to mingle among the knights. At the very least it would give us something to defend from the onslaught of trolls and skeletons.

Hopelessly addicted to LEGO,
-Aaron West-
:idea:
ESPECIALLY now that it appears we in North America will not be treated to the Castle Advent Calender. Give the Americans some Castle village elements or we will REVOLT! Pretty-please?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

We got the Medieval Market now... so where's the PITCHFORK? :D
puddleglum
Artisan

Post by puddleglum »

Count Blacktron wrote:We got the Medieval Market now... so where's the PITCHFORK? :D
It's on Bricklink for $4 a piece, that's where it is. :?