Man o' War

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Man o' War

Post by timber_wolf899 »

ANyone else out there who'd loe to see a BSB or SES sized british man o' war set? I drool just thinking about it.
Domino Gloria!
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

Ohh, ohh!

That would be awesome. As I've said over at Forbidden Cove, small ships for the pirates, large ships for the Imperials/Soldiers.

Frigate, anyone? Or even a two-decker! :D
<><
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

I have one but i am to lazy to take pitchers.
Sorry hopefully soon i will have some.
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

oh man yeah a two decker......drool I doubt we'd see that though as it'd be a 150+ set.

Well the old BSB and SES were multi decked. So i'd be happy with an imperial ship of that size. I mean think of 6280 scale dup to respectable size. Would tha tnot be astetically amazing?
Domino Gloria!
Mudpuppy
Apprentice

Post by Mudpuppy »

I'd love to see an imperial ship the size of the BSB or SES. I'd also love to see a totally neutral merchant ship.. a Galleon perhaps? After all, pirates need something to plunder.. and Soldiers need something to protect.

The Trading post was a short step in the right direction toward a neutral shipping port. I'd like to see something similar.. and expanded. Perhaps part of a Imperial Town.... Wharf stores, fishing boats, Trading ships, carts... etc. It could get VERY detailed depending on how far they took it.

Also, I'd say the Imperial Flagship is a frigate-esque ship (closest you'll get for this line I think). I'd like to see more mid-range / small class boats. Sloops, Ketches, etc.

I'd REALLY like to see them release the ship that came with the trading post as it's own set. That I would buy a lot of.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jnicely1
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

I agree. Large, non-pirate ships are just what we need. A Galleon is a nice idea - maybe using the "Jack Stone" hull and beakhead. That hull was quite galleon-like, and that's what I used mine for.

The Imperial Flagship is actually a Naval Cutter. Lego has done a very nice job with it too. As a small ship this was a good choice, although I'm still waiting for some large warships!

I agree - the ship from the Imperial Trading Post looks awesome. (I wouldn't know, as I don't own the set - yet)
Considering Lego likes to have two factions in each set for instant action right out of the box, a set of two (one with the small pirate sail from Raft Raiders) would be even better. Pirates vs hapless merchant ship - Arrr!
<><