Serf

Post by Wolfpack7 »

Buh, no pitchfork.
:?
DerBum
Laborer

Post by DerBum »

I agree with all of you:

Its awesome and about time (for a civilian set... and what a way to do it)
And no pitchfork? Sad, but not a show stopper. Im in for one.

The only problem I have is that it looks more like a MOC than a Lego set, which means that it will look a little out of place around other sets from this time period. That isnt going to stop me though... it is still wicked awesome.
cagri
Freeman

Post by cagri »

DerBum wrote:The only problem I have is that it looks more like a MOC than a Lego set
Right, but that makes it more appealing to the AFOL community doesn't it? How many of us buy sets for display?
Ardohoth
Peasant

Post by Ardohoth »

well i dont post often but i allways see the news.

I dont know about you guys but this set is something i was dreaming for years. So the truth is that i will buy it multiple times. This gives us the chance of making large enviroments. w00t I will be able to finish my city with those sets.

I only worry that if my woman see the money i will spend, i will have serious problems :shock:
The Rage of Gods will soon appear again on this earth and Twillight Knights will walk again the Grounds of Durandar
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

Hi!

After hours of watching this pictures I saw the horns of the cows. They are different from the viking-horns! Maybe they are only attached and we can use them in the viking-helmets?

regards,
jens
Nickmans
Serf

Post by Nickmans »

This set is Godlike!

10/10
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

This set is awesome. It has opened the door for more civilian sets hopefully. The new pieces all look useful, and I think this set will make beginner builders better. The cows aren't as impressive as Brick Forge's, but it gives the purists something to moo about. :wink: It seems that this was a surprise to most AFOL's, and what a surprise it is. This should teach the :roll: at Euroleak that surprises have a purpose. I'm also pleased that the rain of tears of non-fantasy fans will subside for quite a while. This is what I was hoping for, the best of both worlds. :D
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
jokkna
Goat Brigade

Post by jokkna »

Why does great things always happen when I am away?????

This is the most awesome thing I have ever seen in my life. I cant wait for this set to come out. PARTY PARTY :D
Af hverju í skollanum er fiskabúr á herbergisgólfinu mínu?
deathdog1
Apprentice

Post by deathdog1 »

Official Announcement from Doghouse Studios, maker of the Glomshire Series:
Due to welcome surprise of the Medieval Marketplace set, Glomshire II: Mordock's Attack will be released by mid-October. Production on Glomshire III: Lord Jerek Returns will not commence until after Doghouse Studios acquires a minimum of one Medieval Marketplace.

In other words, this is what I've been waiting for! :D I love the look of the set and am envisioning various additions/modifications and outright MOC'ing that I can do to expand my little films into a series.
"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!" http://glomshire.thecomicseries.com/comics/
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

Great looking set...I'd change a few things about it, but I'm not gonna complain. I'm not really surprised that they came out with a set like this. What is surprising is the timing...it's a complete 180 from the direction they've been taking the fantasy castle line. Which is great since I don't care about the fantasy elements.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Sanctified Bovine!
It's been a while since that was appropriate.

And here I thought that buying two of the Castle Advent calendars was my Christmas present to myself.

I will now have to enter into negotiations with my NLSO about getting this set (multiple times???).

Apart from that, I am speechless.

Thank you, TLC.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
The Wolfpack Boss
Freeman

Re

Post by The Wolfpack Boss »

Wow.

This was a jaw-dropper.

No pitchfork does suck, but is anyone else as excited as I am for two cows and two troths?! Troths! And those brickbuilt chickens are fantastic.

When I get a few spare bucks I'm going to nab this and a Knight's Battle Pack and an Advent Calendar for good measure. After all, the evil hordes have to have somebody to attack, or what's the point in having defenders? And what's a busy market scene without a Jester entertaining the kiddies?

Now I just can't wait for some of those Elf sets to hit ... I have enough warriors, thieves and barbarians to last me a long time ...
Last edited by The Wolfpack Boss on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbourmaster's Office
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/4033675 ... 8cb1_t.jpg[/img]
(More at Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273684@N02/4033675910/[/url])
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:WOW!!!
Lego you are swell. Even my wife said the town was a must buy.... cannot wait till it is out.
R
Also my wife said the same. :)
It is just amazing. Thank you LEGO for a medieval civilian set. Castle line is just getting better and better. Cannot wait JANUARY!!!! Much better than a normal castle! Thanks thanks!!!

Looking forward try to add some buildings to the village!

I want it now!
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
LordZode
Apprentice

Post by LordZode »

I don't mean to gush with hyperbole but I honestly thinking this is the greatest Castle Set LEGO has made, including classic.

And I grew up playing with all the Forestmen and Black Monarch sets.
P.S. If you need help making MOCs, making posts, or don't know what to do next, please, let me know! I'm here to help! ;)
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Wow, go away for a few days and look what I miss. This looks to be the best castle set ever.

Peasants, cows, horses and a turkey! I want at least two of this set. Practically everything we've ever asked for. Even plumes on the chickens.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]