Elf Set Ideas

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

What kind of elves would you like?

Forest-Dwellers
76%
Sea-Farers
6%
Aerial Warriors
2%
All of the above
15%

Total votes: 110

WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

E of Alshire wrote:I voted for sea elves, but I'd say forest in a heartbeat if I thought we'd get more brick-built trees... which I don't.
i dont have too many boats water ok,i dont have alot forest forest ok, and i need small dwagonz :P
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Forest all the way. We already have seafaring trolls, and dragon-mounted air cavalry. Besides, elves just belong in the forest.

Right now I'm envisioning a large set consisting of two or three treehouses connected by rope bridges and pulley elevators, and a medium set consisting of a large tree converted into a fortress. I don't know about small sets, since those are usually vehicle-based and I don't often associate elves with vehicles.
marbri
Villein

Post by marbri »

Forest-Dwellers :lol:
Karalora wrote:Besides, elves just belong in the forest.
Agree, but I hope if they release elves, it would not be someting with pink magic staffs and gold-colored wings :x
Last edited by marbri on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L€60 ©@$tL€ F0r L!f€
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

I'm all for forest dwellers!
Forestmen was a great theme that many of us still hold very dearly, and it would be awesome to see something along the lines of that theme revived. I think Elves would be the theme to do it with.

@marbri: Bmarreel is that you, my fellow LowLUGger?
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

marbri wrote:Forest-Dwellers
Something like that, but with more detail now that set designs routinely have more detail. No more yellow 1x1 round plates pretending to be gold coins, for example.
Agree, but I hope if they release elves, it would not be someting with pink magic staffs and gold-colored wings :x
And what's wrong with pink magic staffs and gold wings? :) As long as that's not all there is to it, of course. But even Tinkerbell is now apparently some kind of pixie engineer, so I guess the Fair Folk as a group are getting a makeover in the public consciousness.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Where's the "high elf" option? :roll:
Karalora wrote:Besides, elves just belong in the forest.
Elves to me are mountains, tall white towers and shining silvery armour I'd say.. Anyway, I think starting off a discussion on this matter is a bad idea so I'll just drop it I guess, it's just that this forest kliché gets on my nerves...

As for the LEGO theme I might actually prefer the wood elf idea though, since we already have the shining armour part but not the forestmen ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Mountains aren't bad, but isn't the Skeleton Tower supposed to be built on a volcanic mountain? Anyway, a lot of mountains are forested, so there could easily be elements of both in one set without it looking weird.

Would it be too girly of me to suggest that the elves should have unicorns rather than horses? I keep thinking it couldn't be too hard for TLC to alter the horse's head so that we could stick a Viking horn in there.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

KK2 barge, Vikings, rogue knight ship, skeleton ship, Troll warship...we seem to be have been dominated by sea-farers for some time now. Bring back the forest dwellers!
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Karalora wrote:Would it be too girly of me to suggest that the elves should have unicorns rather than horses? I keep thinking it couldn't be too hard for TLC to alter the horse's head so that we could stick a Viking horn in there.
That's a great idea! I would prefer a special unicorn horn to the usual Viking horns though..
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Karalora wrote:Forest all the way. We already have seafaring trolls, and dragon-mounted air cavalry. Besides, elves just belong in the forest.

Right now I'm envisioning a large set consisting of two or three treehouses connected by rope bridges and pulley elevators, and a medium set consisting of a large tree converted into a fortress. I don't know about small sets, since those are usually vehicle-based and I don't often associate elves with vehicles.
Yup, that's how I see them as well. But I would only have one faction be modeled after the Loth Lorien style tree city/home.

For different types of forests they could have different styles of buildings and torsos. For example, an alpine (relatively high altitude) elven faction could have gray stoned castle walls for dwellings and pine and aspen trees surrounding them with green and yellow torsos. An Oak tree based elven faction could have black walled castles with yellow or green brush grass with brown and black torsos.

Unicorns - most definately.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
CastleLord
Reeve

Post by CastleLord »

I agree with everybody in this topic, but i would nt like to have Air elves.

CastleLord.
CastleLord. The Lord of the castle.
TFOL and computer nerd. I do as I please and live life to the fullest!
Please visit:
and [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/]My Flickr[/url]
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

Air elves would mean lots of dubious constructions (im invisaging fright knight style impulse sets) and so would be a bad idea

Sea elves would be nice as we would get nice ships with which to counter the skeletal ship and the troll warship, however my favourate is definately wood elves as they seem most natural too me, and it would call for some pretty cool structures
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I'd like to see wood elves with at least one new type of weapon (Skellies got 2: flail and scythe/scimitar and Trolls got 2: giant club and chipped scimitar). I'd prefer the new weapons to be a stylized bow and a new curved sword.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Well, I don't really care for elves in the first place so the biggest question for me is what sets would yield the greatest number of useful parts. To that end I voted forest. I don't want airships or fantastical elven sailing vessels. Forest bits on the other hand are always good for landscaping or general MOCing. I also hope that the torsos are generic enough that they can be used as villagers or some other form of non-fantasy folk.

I'm more interested in what set the Queen minifig (is she an elf queen) is going to be included in. I'm a sucker for hard-to-find figs but I hate forking out for the set if it doesn't have a good selection of bricks.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

I voted forest theme as well. I could see some elaborate tree-house style buildings, similar to but slightly bigger than the Forestmen's Hideout. Doing a large scale "tree-house castle" similar in size to the Kings Castle Siege might be kind of difficult, but I think there's a lot more you could do with a woodlands-themed set.