Autumn foliage

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Yeah, I'd think that foliage pieces in any "sensible" color would sell through the roof if offered online via Lego Factory. Green, dark green, brown, tan, dark tan, red, dark red, orange, white. Even Bright Green would probably do well (though I have a certain distaste for it compared with other colors). It's such a great element to have in MASSIVE quantity that AFOL's combined would probably buy comparable quantities to kids's combined sales of any other normal brick.

Here's a question-- how many would you buy if they were $0.20 apiece from Lego? I could easily see myself buying $100 worth of leaves in various colors. It would kickilate some serious patootie.

DaveE
Vastor Peredhil
Gong Farmer

Post by Vastor Peredhil »

I would buy at least 150-200 pieces for this small price, even more if they were below 0.20 cents each

mfg Nicolai
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

(Resurrecting a ten-month-old thread, whee! Blame Quickblade22, he's the one who linked it from the current thread about horses.)

I would go stir crazy buying leaves if they starting selling them in autumnal colors. I love autumn scenes! I've also thought that glow-in-the-dark leaves would work well for a haunted/enchanted forest.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Karalora wrote:(Resurrecting a ten-month-old thread, whee! Blame Quickblade22, he's the one who linked it from the current thread about horses.)

I would go stir crazy buying leaves if they starting selling them in autumnal colors. I love autumn scenes! I've also thought that glow-in-the-dark leaves would work well for a haunted/enchanted forest.
Not only the fall colored leaves but black ones to give cemetery trees more of an evil affect. Snow(white) colored would be awesome as well.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Nice idea, with GitD. I'd make a new dwelling for Majisto the wizard...
MrBlack103
Villein

Post by MrBlack103 »

I too am totally for this notion, even though i have at max 3 leaves :( (and some of those are my little sister's which I "borrow" occasionally :P ).
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Karalora wrote:(Resurrecting a ten-month-old thread, whee! Blame Quickblade22, he's the one who linked it from the current thread about horses.)
It's a bump that's needed- TLG still haven't addressed it. :wink:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Yes LEGO. You could rake in the cash if you sold us these leaves ;)

Ben
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Love this idea. Of course there will be Megabloks to pay if the pieces keep falling off :P !
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

:!: = Stamp of Approval
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

This is a great idea! I hope Lego would put it into action.
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
Metatron
Villein

Post by Metatron »

Do want!

Fall colored foliage would be such an excellent accessory pack - good for castle, town, etc. It touches every theme. And it's not a stretch, we already have: green, bright green, dark green, and white stuff. I'd say a brown, an orange, and a tan would be very excellent color choices. The packs should include both the large and small leaves - fifty elements for $5 USD.

This is very high on my wants list. Absolutely!
Hast thou given the horse strength and clothed his neck with thunder? He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength. He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage. He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off...
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Yes! I've been thinking about this for a while. These would be really nice to have.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I take full blame for the resurection of this thread. Is there not a better time to bring it back up? Just driving around makes me see how much we need these color options. I'm hoping that this can be a reality in the near future. I already have some of the Admins and Ambassadors on board for this idea. Heck, I'd even take marbled colored ones. I'm asking that anyone that has connections to pass the idea along. So much more creativity could be added by including these extra colors.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

I'll pass on this request to LEGO, unless another LA already has before I get there ;) But don't expect anything to happen anytime soon, if at all ;)