Elf Set Ideas

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

What kind of elves would you like?

Forest-Dwellers
76%
Sea-Farers
6%
Aerial Warriors
2%
All of the above
15%

Total votes: 110

Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Maedhros wrote:That's a great idea! I would prefer a special unicorn horn to the usual Viking horns though..
So would I, but the less new designing TLC has to do, the more likely we are to get it. It wouldn't be the first time unicorns were portrayed with a back-curving horn.

Hey, you know what? The Elven Queen and her unicorn (plus a little brick-built throne) would make a butt-kicking impulse set that would almost certainly appeal very strongly to girls...who could then transition to the rest of the Elf sets and then to Castle as a whole! Lego should get on this!
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

nanuck95 wrote:I voted forest theme as well. I could see some elaborate tree-house style buildings, similar to but slightly bigger than the Forestmen's Hideout. Doing a large scale "tree-house castle" similar in size to the Kings Castle Siege might be kind of difficult, but I think there's a lot more you could do with a woodlands-themed set.
Imagine a whole forest the size of King's Castle Siege though with multiple brick built trees and some tree houses as the elves' woodland realm. That would be cool.
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Size of the KCS? Phhfft, why have that when you can have an outpost the size of the tower from "Tower Raid", stronghold the size of Dwarves Mine, and huge forest twice the size of the KCS? That would go effectively.
Lord Scuba
Goat Brigade

Post by Lord Scuba »

Elves belong in the forest! I may think this because I read the Eragon books, but still! 8)

If the sets are based in the forest, I hope they don't go over the top with Giant Tree houses, Tree Fortresses, Big Giant Walking Trees which aren't totally ripped off from LoTR, and such though... It just seems... Unnecessary that every building is a tree... And imagine how easy it would be to just burn it all down... One child messing around with a torch... *Whoosh* Bye bye elves.
Loyal Knight of the Blue Table.
[url=http://www.youngleafs.com/tgp.shtml]Warm my eggs please :P[/url]
Metatron
Villein

Post by Metatron »

Stout littlle forestmen with movable legs and autumn colored foliage!

Original Forestmen are my favorite subtheme evah!
Hast thou given the horse strength and clothed his neck with thunder? He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength. He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage. He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off...
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

I hope they don't go over the top with Giant Tree houses, Tree Fortresses
What do you mean? That's kind of all they CAN do. But yes, I agree I don't want ents.
MrBlack103
Villein

Post by MrBlack103 »

As for identifying elves from humans, while not making them fleshie (almost everyone is against it) or making them have hair with ears sticking out (it'd look ugly IMO), how about making their flesh tone a "pale yellow"? That would simulate that elves have really pale skin, while not being an entirely different colour.
Brik Masta
Foot Soldier

Post by Brik Masta »

I voted forest. I think it be cool if they made a castle for the elves kinda like the Yewlanders' in the Door Within. With wooden castles in giant trees connected by ziplines! That would be worth buying.:D
Garbageman13
Reeve

Post by Garbageman13 »

I voted forest. Something similar to LoTR Elves would certainly get my attention and money! :D
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28530273@N07/]~Ye Olde Flickr~[/url]
legoRPG
Gong Farmer

Re: Elf Set Ideas

Post by legoRPG »

Wood elves forest-archers leather-green shields(good side), High elves wizard-archers blue-clothes(good side) and dark elves dragon riders black-shields(evil side)
outcast
Apprentice

Post by outcast »

Elves fighting Elves?

That would never work. The whole point of the skeletons and trolls is to avoid faction vs faction.
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I had always thought it was actually to avoid human verse human conflict more than anything.

I agree though with your point in general. That would be elf overload from 0 to a million... they are elves not amoebas after all.

Most would be happy with a simple wood elf type gent like the one on the current castle map I’d suspect.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Amifin
Gong Farmer

Post by Amifin »

legoRPG wrote:Wood elves forest-archers leather-green shields(good side), High elves wizard-archers blue-clothes(good side) and dark elves dragon riders black-shields(evil side)
outcast wrote:Elves fighting Elves?

That would never work. The whole point of the skeletons and trolls is to avoid faction vs faction.
I agree with Outcast. Though not totally, because my point of view is that elves are a peaceful race who live in forests avoiding everyone. Maybe they could fight some spiders, wolves or some other kind of forest animals. Shortly said, I don't want "ordinary" enemies for the elves. Make something new!
"Where's the horse and the rider?" -Theoden, Lord of the Rings
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

I would want to see an elf set that is either like Oblivion or Final Fantasy XI. Some elves that live in villages in/by forest and some elves that are higher-class that are mages and such.(Oblivion) And elves that live in a human-like castle that is run only by themselves.(Final Fantasy XI)
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Post by DraconisTerrena »

Has it actually been confirmed that TLG is doing elves? I thought it was just speculation and hearsay. That said, I like the idea of using them as a reincarnation of the Forestmen/Dark Forest. And as for what they should fight... I don't know. With troll/orcs/orges and undead, they've hit the major staples of fantasy. Personally, I think it would be really neat to have some dragon-men. Give the basic minifig a set of wings mounted on a neck slot and a lizard-like head and it's right there. But that's just my dream; I doubt that TLG would want to mess with the kind of whole new molds that it would require.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda