Autumn foliage

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

In addition to autumn colors, I'd like a few more options for spring and summer palettes--sand green, lime, even pink for cherry blossoms like someone already mentioned. Green marbled with white or pink would give the impression of a tree with both foliage and flowers, and the former would also do for a winter scene where it had been snowing lightly.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Karalora wrote:In addition to autumn colors, I'd like a few more options for spring and summer palettes--sand green, lime, even pink for cherry blossoms like someone already mentioned. Green marbled with white or pink would give the impression of a tree with both foliage and flowers, and the former would also do for a winter scene where it had been snowing lightly.
A white/pink mix would be perfect for a samurai's stronghold's courtyard or other Asian themed MOCs. Winter scenes could be greatly enhanced if there was white/green mix, especially landscapes with deep snow.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Not really feeling the mixed color idea, particularly with strong contrasting colors such as white and dark pink. Then again, I'm not a fan of marbled elements in general.

Listed by preference, what colors I'd like to see:

Sand Green (Transition color for white to green leaves, and makes a great color variant in general)
Dark Red (some trees carry this leaf color year-round, and doubles as a good autumn color)
Dark Turquoise (A useful shade or accent color, and may double as underwater scene texture)
Lime (Nice looking for young foliage)
Dark Orange (Woody Brush, Autumn color)
Orange (Autumn Color)
Dark Brown (Branches, Autumn)
Earth Orange (Brush, Autumn Color)
Reddish Brown (Branches, Autumn)
Light Yellow (Autumn Color)
Yellow (Autumn Color)
Tan (Brush, Dried Leaves)
Metatron
Villein

Post by Metatron »

Peppermint Pig wrote: Earth Orange (Brush, Autumn Color)
In a more perfect world I would co-sign your whole list - as is I will stick to supporting the three colors above.

Brown is simply a must - and reddish brown is the new brown, right?

Regular orange and yellow are just too bright for autumn colors, so I favor those two slightly tinted variants earth orange and tan.
Hast thou given the horse strength and clothed his neck with thunder? He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength. He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage. He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off...
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

I want trans neon orange leaves, so I can build IP2002 enviroments! :P
legokilt
Bailiff

Post by legokilt »

Definitely.
Lego helps make history fun!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Metatron wrote:
Peppermint Pig wrote: Earth Orange (Brush, Autumn Color)
In a more perfect world I would co-sign your whole list - as is I will stick to supporting the three colors above.

Brown is simply a must - and reddish brown is the new brown, right?

Regular orange and yellow are just too bright for autumn colors, so I favor those two slightly tinted variants earth orange and tan.
How about marbled like the BURPs in the King's Castle Siege? Using some of those shades already listed it could make for some very pretty foliage.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

In general, I'm not a fan of marbled bricks. BURPs, to use that example, are slightly useless to begin with, but made even more by marbling. Whereas normally one has to do a fairly extensive brickover to successfully hide the distinctive look of BURPs in a creation involving several, with marbled BURPs one has to pretty much cover them completely; obviously a more brick-intensive procedure.

Foliage, however, is one area I could see it working... maybe...
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Formendacil wrote:In general, I'm not a fan of marbled bricks. BURPs, to use that example, are slightly useless to begin with, but made even more by marbling. Whereas normally one has to do a fairly extensive brickover to successfully hide the distinctive look of BURPs in a creation involving several, with marbled BURPs one has to pretty much cover them completely; obviously a more brick-intensive procedure.

Foliage, however, is one area I could see it working... maybe...
Agreed.

Marbled pieces look cheap IMO. I would prefer solid colours; even with foliage. A marbled look makes the brick look like there was some sort of production difficulty with the brick. I guess this all comes down to personal opinion, but I find that marbled bricks look decidedly un-LEGO-like to me.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]