Upcoming Queen Figure

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
J1A3L5
Steward

Upcoming Queen Figure

Post by J1A3L5 »

Hello everyone -

Here are a couple pictures of the upcoming Queen figure. Enjoy!

The paintball marker is a Brickarms prototype and the head shown in that picture is the reverse side.

The crown fits into a standard plume hole.

Enjoy,
-John.
Mog
Freeman

Post by Mog »

I like it! All LEGO themes (but especially Castle) tend to be male-dominated so it will be nice to see some female figs (who aren't peasants) for once. :D
I collect LEGO themes that start with "C." And Pirates. I call them "Corsairs."
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Mog wrote:I like it! All LEGO themes (but especially Castle) tend to be male-dominated so it will be nice to see some female figs (who aren't peasants) for once. :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

vs.

I think you might have it backwards :wink: .

More than anything, the colour of the Queen fig intrigues me. The current fantasy Knights have typically been dark and light blue, whereas this queen fig is a neutral tone. Moreover, unlike the crown princess and the jester, the Queen fig doesn't seem to have the crown insignia on her torso. Could this be hinting at a new (non-crownie) faction?
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Thanks John! I've been actually looking for some good shots of the hair piece to show someone. Man, that's one good looking fig. I'll have to start saving now for all the crazy good sets coming out next year!!!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
MrBlack103
Villein

Post by MrBlack103 »

Is there any proof that this is for Castle even? I have a hinting suspicion that it might be from the upcoming pirate theme.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I was wondering if it was not pirate as well... here's to hoping it is a castle fig!

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

MrBlack103 wrote:Is there any proof that this is for Castle even? I have a hinting suspicion that it might be from the upcoming pirate theme.
Just that she is a queen, and not something more piraty, like say, the governer's wife. Kinda makes sense doesn't it?

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Robin Hood wrote:
MrBlack103 wrote:Is there any proof that this is for Castle even? I have a hinting suspicion that it might be from the upcoming pirate theme.
Just that she is a queen, and not something more piraty, like say, the governer's wife. Kinda makes sense doesn't it?

Dan :wink:
And the fact that J1A3L's an Ambassador...

Personally, I'm just happy to see that plume-holes aren't obsolete!
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I love the second expression that is on her face. That is the first time I have seen it. It is so classic! Great for a warrior princess, or an angry queen even. :wink:
Personally, I'm just happy to see that plume-holes aren't obsolete!
Well we know that the plume holes are not obsolete because they are making plumes again. New and improved ones at that!
sirJacob
Laborer

Post by sirJacob »

ooh i like it, the hair is awesome! she could be advertising som swiss cheese or somethig :)

but i think it's time for lego to upgrade the coulor! there are other coulors than blue...
but i can't wait to lay my hands on the new 2009 sets!
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Blueandwhite wrote:
Mog wrote:I like it! All LEGO themes (but especially Castle) tend to be male-dominated so it will be nice to see some female figs (who aren't peasants) for once. :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

vs.

I think you might have it backwards :wink: .
I'd like to say that:
A. The Guarded Inn Lady, The Forest Woman, and the Blacksmith's wife are arguably peasants.
B. You forget the other peasant woman from the new Village set.

Anyway, I think the most important revealed detail here is the expression on her alternate face. I was expecting some sort of frightful expression, like the princess, but this suggests that the set she'll be in involves some sort of action, maybe a raid by trolls or skellies on a royal carriage? I'd prefer NOT to have ANOTHER mobile set, but I suppose I could be a bit more tolerant if if it were the only way to get this beautiful figure.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Here was I expecting a Freddie Mercury fig :P Anyway, nice looking fig; I wonder how it will be available (is she going to be in a set?)
The Guarded Inn Lady, The Forest Woman, and the Blacksmith's wife are arguably peasants.
I don't see how that woman can be the Blacksmith's wife when she looks identical (minus the hat) to Queen Leonora (KK1 queen).
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

I don't see how that woman can be the Blacksmith's wife when she looks identical (minus the hat) to Queen Leonora (KK1 queen).
Well, she was, in the Daniel Siskind "My Own Creation" set which I'm kicking myself for not buying!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

CVfan13 wrote:
Well, she was, in the Daniel Siskind "My Own Creation" set which I'm kicking myself for not buying!

Well I don't see how just being there automatically makes her his wife.

And I doubt you would find many peasant women in red and blue robes Confused

And yes, I wish I had bought that set :wink:
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

If peasant= commoner then there is no reason she could not be in blue or red, both being very common colors coming from madder or woad. Depends greatly on the shade and the amount of times in the dye bath. Blue from indigo, purple and black were expensive colors though. Also commoners could very from dirt poor to loaning money to kings and nobles so they could afford whatever they really wanted if they had the money to buy it.

I look at her as either a very wealthy commoner or noble. In the end most commoners did not dress in rags and such after the high middle ages, especially the 13th century being a time where commoners in England really were doing very well.

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...