Better selection for pickabrick/ LDD

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
legokilt
Bailiff

Better selection for pickabrick/ LDD

Post by legokilt »

What I would like to see is a better selection of castle materials for the Pick a Brick and Lego Digital Designer. I would especially like to see the large sections for walls (1x4 lugs lxw and 5 bricks high) like those used in the Castle Seige and the KKI and KKII sets. I would also like to see helmets and weapons available in both since it is a little difficult to kit out a minifig without weapons or helmets. Since there is a lack of these in pick a brick and LDD I have not placed many orders. Were these to be resolved my purchasing would increase.
Lego helps make history fun!
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Given Castle is one of their main lines, I think this would increase business for them and make castle builders happy as well. Win win.
Baites
Foot Soldier

Helmets on PaB.

Post by Baites »

I too would love to see helmets on PaB. I have a lot of minifigs from other lines. By putting armour and helmets on them, I could vastly increase my army. But without helmets, that isn't an option.
Garbageman13
Reeve

Post by Garbageman13 »

Alitte off-topic but..

I've seen several Minifigure parts in the PaB.

Sadly, it was only a couple types of headgear(Helmets,caps, no wigs.), and some old grey pistols, and other various minifig accesories.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28530273@N07/]~Ye Olde Flickr~[/url]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Garbageman13 wrote:Alitte off-topic but..

I've seen several Minifigure parts in the PaB.

Sadly, it was only a couple types of headgear(Helmets,caps, no wigs.), and some old grey pistols, and other various minifig accesories.
Supposedly my local LEGO store is supposed to get some minifig parts in January-February. Castle items along with minifigs and accessories would definately increase revenue for that store.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Garbageman13
Reeve

Post by Garbageman13 »

For PaB? Really? Wow, I better ask my local store!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I completely agree about the poor part selection for castle. We need hinge bricks and plates in grey and black to make opening mocs. A better window and door selection is also needed.

Ben
DanDanLegoman
Freeman

Post by DanDanLegoman »

Here's a question. Why don't they just make all current pieces that are in production for sets available through pick-a-brick? Wouldn't that be extremely cost effective? Just crank out a couple hundred extra bricks for each set and set them aside for pick-a-brick. Then people could make their own Mars Mission or Castle or whatever sets.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

DanDanLegoman wrote:Here's a question. Why don't they just make all current pieces that are in production for sets available through pick-a-brick? Wouldn't that be extremely cost effective? Just crank out a couple hundred extra bricks for each set and set them aside for pick-a-brick. Then people could make their own Mars Mission or Castle or whatever sets.
Producing the elements is not the main difficulty. Fulfilling different orders with thousands of different elements is very time consuming and complicated. Just ask a big bricklink seller. These bricks also take up space. What happens if they produce a bunch of extra bricks that no one orders.

Factory does need expanded selection to reach it's potential of fans in various themes designing models for the public to build. This could be possible with a small increase in specific elements for each theme. Adding every element in a theme is not necessary.

Ben
Garbageman13
Reeve

Post by Garbageman13 »

Yeah, I could be wrong, but these PaB pieces are usually leftover pieces that are never put into certain sets. For example, they had neon-green crystals in the PaB the last time I visited.

Mars Mission anyone?
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

It would be nice to see more elements on PAB.

What I would particularly like to see is the return of the old accessory packs on S@H, such as this or this.

That way, Lego could avoid individual piece handling for parts that we would likely need multiples for anyway, and we could get the pieces that we want.

Just a thought.
<><
raidersofdays
Villein

Post by raidersofdays »

I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive, at least for Australians.

17c for light bley 1x2 bricks !!!

But anyway i agree and I think they should put all the castle accessories in as well.

Oh and Aharown, I think this set

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6119-1

is still in circulation, i'm not sure.
Too much Lego, is never enough.