Idea book

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Idea book

Post by timber_wolf899 »

What bout it, Lego?

How about a castle idea book?

This should not be too expensive to develope and would probably get me to buy more castle sets.
Domino Gloria!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Great idea. I'm sure there was a discussion abou this topic not so long ago but perhaps it bears repeating. For me it's not so much that I have run out of ideas it's picking one and focusing on it. LEGO could also create a FOL version full of fan supplied creations.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Garbageman13
Reeve

Post by Garbageman13 »

That'd be cool.

Too bad they couldn't throw in a huge bucket of bley pieces aswell... :lol:
It sounds like a nice idea, though I'd probably never buy it unless
it came with some bricks.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28530273@N07/]~Ye Olde Flickr~[/url]
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I'd rather not have an AFOL idea back as we can see those on Brickshelf and other sites. I'd rather have an idea book with play sets designed by Lego.
Foxglove
Laborer

Post by Foxglove »

I'd love something like this.

I'd also make sure to buy extra bricks so I wouldn't have to cannibalise my current sets to do so.

Win / win for both myself and Lego. ;)
Pass not beneath, O Caravan, or pass not singing. Have you heard
That silence where the birds are dead yet something pipeth like a bird?
Baites
Foot Soldier

Support the Idea Book

Post by Baites »

I would love to see Lego issue the Idea books again. I loved them as a child and if they published them again, it would be great for ideas. Also, since I can't order the Brickmaster magazines in Canada, this would be a great way to re-publish those instructions and pass alternate models from the Lego Club magazine.
Baites
Foot Soldier

Idea for Idea Book

Post by Baites »

I just rented Lego Batman (again) and got some ideas for the Idea Book (if anyone was interested).

So far there have been 3 to 5 (depending on how you want to count the Star Wars editions) Lego themed games from Travelers Tales (and a Bionicle one). There could be an Idea Book that details how to build some of the Lego items featured. It came to me while playing Wayne Manor in Lego Batman. I was looking at it and thought to myself, "I should figure out how it was made." They wouldn't have to put in step by step instructions for everything, but some pics from multiple angles would help.
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Re: Support the Idea Book

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Baites wrote:I would love to see Lego issue the Idea books again. I loved them as a child and if they published them again, it would be great for ideas. Also, since I can't order the Brickmaster magazines in Canada, this would be a great way to re-publish those instructions and pass alternate models from the Lego Club magazine.
I'm fond of the old idea books as well.

Username has a point. AFOL's don't need ideas so much as young builders do. Personally, I'm more enamored of the well-photographed theme displays Lego put into those books. I think a fan made digital book would be great. It would take a bit of time to create models and instructions for models, though...
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

The old idea books were fantastic. Yet another childhood memory I'll always regret selling.

I'd love to see LEGO release a new idea book. I know they've got the talent for it.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]