Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
SlyOwl
Apprentice

We have no time to stand and stare...

Post by SlyOwl »

For the MCC IV -

Deeplinks -
1--2--3--4--5--6--7

I had intended to do a castle version of King Kong (Clancy of course being Kong), with a giant dragon, bat and dreagle (dragon+eagle), as the bi-planes, but I ran out of time to build the dragon and bat, so here's the dreagle...

Deeplinks -
1--2

:wink:
sirJacob
Laborer

Post by sirJacob »

the roof is exelent! i haven't seen that kind of roof before!
how did you do it?
SirNadroj
Apprentice

Post by SirNadroj »

SlyOwl goes miniscale! Neat use of the flippers as roofing again ~ I'd love to see how they're connected!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I think it's wonderful. So much detail and all, it would have drove me nuts trying to do this, but now that I've seen it, it has given me hope that I could do something like this in the future. Great work.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Wow that roof is just incredible. I'm guessing that was not easy to do. Your part usage for the microscale is very nicely done! The Dreagle is also incredible. the beak using the falcon and the eyes are perfect.
kris kelvin
Laborer

Post by kris kelvin »

All I can say is that`s fantastic MOC. The cart and the horse is for me the best part. Tower is too massive in relation to the rest, particularly in relation to the gate.
But still it`s very, very impressive :)
Zbudujmy.to member
http://zbudujmy.to
[url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/kris_kelvin/[/url]
SlyOwl
Apprentice

Post by SlyOwl »

Thankee all! :D
I normally wouldn't reply to a thread this far down... but there are questions... questions that need answering... which I didn't see until now :oops:

Regarding the tower construction -
The bottom layer of flippers is clipped onto an exo-force trans bendy-thing (it came in the RIS 2.0) and the upper layers of flippers each have a 1x1 plate/stud/brick attached, and just balance on top. There's a core made of different sized wheels which keep the shape and distance between the flipper and centre regular. It's pretty fragile, but some combination of elastic bands or other bendy stuff and more clips (I completely ran out) would make it strongerer.
kris kelvin wrote:All I can say is that`s fantastic MOC. The cart and the horse is for me the best part. Tower is too massive in relation to the rest, particularly in relation to the gate.
But still it`s very, very impressive :)
I just wanted to display it, as I don't really want to store it until I need it, and I'm not planning to use it in the CCCVI...
einsteinonthebeach
Peasant

Post by einsteinonthebeach »

Very cool design. I love the use of flippers for the roof. It's always so amazing to see pieces that at first glance would seem useless be used in such a creative way.

Mark B
MrTS
Lord

Post by MrTS »

Awesome entry. Its one of my favorites thats for sure! I do agree about the size of the tower though. But the tower itself looks very nice!
The details in this moc are awesome and really cleverly made.
You want a piece of me?!?!

My Brickshelf gallery:[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrTS]here[/url]