Where are the 2009 castle sets?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

CB,

Yeah I did not have that one in mind but its a classic as well. Glad I was not the only one who knew who he was.

We could use some Robin hood sets I think :wink:

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Garbageman13
Reeve

Post by Garbageman13 »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote: We could use some Robin hood sets I think :wink:
Well, I'd definately buy em! :D
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28530273@N07/]~Ye Olde Flickr~[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:We could use some Robin hood sets I think :wink:
I think Forestmen would be a very popular and recognizable sub-theme for children and fans. Producing Robin Hood sets makes more sense to me than making elves.

Ben
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Ben,

Indeed. One could say forestmen could go as either so it would make both groups happy.

I tend to think more likely we will get elves from the current fantasy trend and the map from the Lego Club. Then again, even if they are elves you could get away with using them as forestmen as well.... unless they do something crazy like pointy ears or something.

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

architect wrote:
I think Forestmen would be a very popular and recognizable sub-theme for children and fans. Producing Robin Hood sets makes more sense to me than making elves.

Ben
Really? Surely in this post LOTR age (and with The Hobbit soon to come) elves will be a much better bet for success. Fantasy seems to be what is selling at the moment (see the success of MegaBloks dragons, Lego Bionicle, KK2 and current Castle versus the less successful 'realistic' KK1 and Vikings).
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

That is undeniably the most sensible, thought out, and over all best thing anyone has ever said in this entire forum.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
ClassicCastlesetsftw
Villein

Post by ClassicCastlesetsftw »

I concur on the subject of robin hood sets. I would most definately buy many of them.
Without Lego this world would change for the worse...
Mog
Freeman

Post by Mog »

Does Robin Hood have universal appeal, I wonder? Is it something that would sell throughout all of Europe, or is it mainly a UK/US thing?

I know France has Reynard. Do they also have Robin Hood? Disney was able to reach both audiences by making their Robin Hood a fox, but I don't know if that would work for LEGO...

It's the question that has to be asked for every theme - would it sell in Japan?

(It's like the whole "LEGO Military" thing. Probably the biggest obstacle to that - beyond any concern for "violent" toys - would simply be deciding which military to use. LEGO is a global company. I think it's smart of them to avoid picking sides, as it were. Plus, I'm a pacifist. :))
I collect LEGO themes that start with "C." And Pirates. I call them "Corsairs."
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

I'm sure that robin hood is more well known that that elf guy in LOTR.
to the ramparts!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I'm a bit baffled by some of the posts here. You think Robin Hood sets would be more successful than Elves and be very popular among fans and children because of what, exactly?
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

Sir Kohran wrote:I'm a bit baffled by some of the posts here. You think Robin Hood sets would be more successful than Elves and be very popular among fans and children because of what, exactly?
I'm torn on the subject but I think the best arguement for Robin Hood would that he is very recognizable, it'd be easy to adapt to sets (robbing a carriage, ect), peoples conception of elves varies alot so it could be had to make them to please most of the customers interested in elves, and from my understanding the Forestmen sold well and robin hood would duplicate those sets more closely than eleves would.

Of course there is a logical argument for elves but just argueing the robinhood side of the issue.

I am very much looking forward to the 2009 Castle. I'd like to see some more structures in the 20-80 dollar price range.
Garbageman13
Reeve

Post by Garbageman13 »

To be honest, I'm still not sure what I would like better, Elves or Forestmen. They're both pretty cool, but Elves are more likely due to the fantasy-styled elements we've seen lately in the sets!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28530273@N07/]~Ye Olde Flickr~[/url]
puddleglum
Artisan

Post by puddleglum »

Sir Kohran wrote:I'm a bit baffled by some of the posts here. You think Robin Hood sets would be more successful than Elves and be very popular among fans and children because of what, exactly?
Because they're men in *tight* tights, of course!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

hum.....weeeeeeell.. I have forestment.
I don't have elves.

Hence i want elves

logical progression

I have ten dollars in my wallet
I do not have a rusted ear wax remover
therefor i want a rusted ear wax remover?
Domino Gloria!
legoRPG
Gong Farmer

Re: Where are the 2009 castle sets?

Post by legoRPG »

Go to YouTube Wrote "Lego 2009 Castle" and the first video you find is the one where you have all castle 2009 sets