7094 King's Castle Siege on sale at Wal-Mart!

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

Garbageman13 wrote:
On a less humorous note, this is really suprising move on walmarts part. I'd like to know, was this intentional or accidental? Some say they think it was accidental, but I don't know. I've seen Wal Mart do some rapid markdowns before on Batman sets, but it was due to them not selling. Is Castle in that catagory? I take it just the giant KCS wasn't selling fast enough.
I'm sure it was accidental. I would guess someone input the price too early in the system or something like that. There is no indication that the set would ring up for $50. If you didn't know better, you wouldn't bother to check the price.

I don't think it's a question of this set selling poorly. There were NONE at my WalMart last week. They RE-stocked this set for the sale.
Garbageman13
Reeve

Post by Garbageman13 »

timber_wolf899 wrote:Anyone have any data on what sets TRU is having 40% off for friday?
Ohh, yes! That'd be nice information indeed!

If they still have aqua-raiders(Or whatever they were called.) They may still have those 40% off, but that was some weeks ago.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28530273@N07/]~Ye Olde Flickr~[/url]
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

A post on Brickset had some info; can't vouch for its accuracy though:
here are the deals for U.S. Toys R us.

Wed EB sale: Exo-force sets 9.99 and 19.99 50% off ( 5.49, 9.49 )

BF Friday: Bionicle sale

All of these 50% off:

Gadunka
Maxilos and Spinax
Barraki Deepsea Patrol
Toa Undersea Attack

All Aqua Raiders are 50% off. And most of those should already be on clearence anyway.

Aqua base Invasion - 30.00
Crab Crusher - 20$
Tiger Shark Attack - 15$

Those are the only stock numbers in the Add, so I can't gaurantee
the other sets.

The only other deals are:

Mars Mission Armored Drilling Unit 35% off
Star Wars MTT 35$ off.
m19
Tyrant
Villein

Post by Tyrant »

kibosh wrote: I'm sure it was accidental. I would guess someone input the price too early in the system or something like that. There is no indication that the set would ring up for $50. If you didn't know better, you wouldn't bother to check the price.
Two of the Wal Marts I went to had tags on the shelf displaying that price for that set. The first with the shelf tag had no sets, but I took it as a sign that they were making their way to my general area. Late last night (left around 1000, got back at 230) I hit up 4 other Wal Marts. The first had none, the second and third both had one each and the final store had three. The final store had the shelf tag. I found it odd that the store that had noticeable stock had the shelf tag. I would have assumed with the price displayed they wouldn't last very long (and it was in an area with a larger population and presumable mroe collectors/resellers) I may have just caught the others before they put them up. They were in the middle of restocking and the two stores that had one each had them randomly laying around the Lego section. I ended up getting all 5. On a side note I also found some figures that I was just about to break down and overpay for on Ebay. All in all a good trip. Now I just have to figure out what to do with 5 of these (and the one I got at Target for $50 a few weeks ago for that matter).
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

wow that TRU sale is horrible.

I hope there will be some sets on there i actually want.

Ah well I so am having a hard time resisting the wal mart KCS!
Domino Gloria!
Flash
Serf

Post by Flash »

I went to a Wal-Mart after I called one . I was told they had 3 but when I got there, they ended up with 6.

It seems that many of the Wal-Marts are hording extra sets in back for Friday.
Mog
Freeman

Post by Mog »

Yeah - it's an intentional sale, but it's supposed to be for Black Friday. Many Walmarts are putting them out early, though. Mine had them, but only on the very top shelf, on their sides, so they weren't really "displayed." But hey - they were on the sales floor, so I grabbed one! I'd have bought two but I just bought myself a Bravia at another sale, and I'm getting a Dyson on Friday, so I don't want to go overboard. :P
I collect LEGO themes that start with "C." And Pirates. I call them "Corsairs."
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

Alas, there was nary a castle to be had this morning at 5 am at my Walmart. I asked the help, and they said "we didn't get any". I thought I read in the flyer that they were supposed to have a minimum of 20 or 50 of them or something like that. I was able to pick up 2 of them earlier this week, but I wonder what happened to the rest of them. I wonder if they did only get one case.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

My Wal-Mart didn't have any :(. Also, I talked to family in Denver. They had some at the beginning of the week but by today they were all gone.
Aragornn45
Foot Soldier

Post by Aragornn45 »

Sadly my local walmart was scarce on them too. Supposedly there was three somewhere in the store, but I couldn't find them. To be honest, I'm a little mad at my walmart, the word around the store was that they could have gotten another shipment in but decided not to, talk about a rip off :roll: However, my walmart is notorious for bad service so I'm not really surprised :wink:
It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.
-Proverbs 20:3
Mog
Freeman

Post by Mog »

Who's Walmart ISN'T notorious for poor service? (Sorry if I'm offending anyone...)

But at least you didn't get trampled. :shock:

Like others here, I'm glad I had the opportunity to pick up KCS before the sale officially started. I feel bad for the poor kid who won't end up with one on Christmas morning, but hey - there's plenty of other toys to go around. And it's my first and only KCS, so it's not like I was hogging them all. :)
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

I've never had problems with poor service, but I avoid that place like the plague on Black Friday. Almost every year there are fist-fights and someone gets arrested.
Mog
Freeman

Post by Mog »

My Walmart makes up laws that say that their merchandise is non-returnable.

"You can't return that book after 24 hours. Copyright law."

Um, really? I work in publishing. Books are actually unique in that they are more returnable then most merchandise - Walmart can actually return all their unsold books to the publisher for full credit, so what's their problem? I get that they don't want people to use their store like a lending library, but making up a law to support your return policy (which is not actually posted anywhere in the store) is just asinine.
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Mog wrote:My Walmart makes up laws that say that their merchandise is non-returnable.

"You can't return that book after 24 hours. Copyright law."
Sounds like you need to go to another Walmart for your LEGO. That reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George is trying to return a book to the bookstore:

GEORGE: Yes, I, uh, I need to return this book.

CASHIER: (Puts the book's code into the computer) I'm sorry, we can't take this book back.

GEORGE: Why not?

CASHIER: It's been flagged.

GEORGE: (Confused) Flagged?

CASHIER: It's been in the bathroom.

GEORGE: It says that on the computer?

:lol:
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
BushiFox
Villein

Post by BushiFox »

If you can still find them, they are still at the 50 dollar price point. I came across a lone one sitting on the shelf yesterday.
[url=http://www.fusioncash.net/?ref=BushiFox]Click here for 5 Free Dollars![/url]