Power Miner Pictures

Discussion of general LEGO topics
ClassicCastlesetsftw
Villein

Post by ClassicCastlesetsftw »

Mog wrote:I love lime green and orange, but the pieces are too "Duplo" for me. You can hardly tell that the vehicles are made out of multiple pieces. The Duplofication of LEGO must be stopped!

Okay, it's mainly just that theme. But still. :D

If I wanted a playset, I'd buy a playset. I buy LEGO because I like to be able to make more than just one thing. You really can't, with any of those sets.
That was my first thought when I saw the pictures of these sets. WAY TOO MANY BIG PIECES. What ever happaned to usuing inginuity to try and make complicated structures out of normal bricks. Nowadays it seems that the Designers at TLG are making more and more Poop type pieces. I salute the designers who designed the creator sets and actually used some ingenuity. The pieces i use the most from sets that i buy are the small normal bricks and pieces. I rarely ever use Poop pieces or abstract pieces that only have 1 use.
Without Lego this world would change for the worse...
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I think like most people here, the Rock Monster is the only real appealing piece to me. I'll definatly find a way to acquire some and make use of them. I do love the new colored crystals though. Lime Green and Orange makes me sick to look at. It reminds me of (well lets just say a time period that I don't like) :wink: The good news is that some of the younger crowd seems to be into it a little more than my age group. Sells for Lego is always a good thing.

Nice list Bruce.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Bruce N H wrote:I hadn't really thought of skellies, as they're in a bit of a separate class (with martians, droids, etc.) that aren't really interchangeable with figs (except the heads, of course). Slopes as skirts is a good addition. Any idea when that was first introduced?

Bruce
After looking at the part, it was not first used for figs, but its first fig use was castle in 1990:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn. ... as097&in=S
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

Wow, it's from 1990? I thought it was a recent thing introduced a few years ago!
Avatar: Terra Branford, Final Fantasy VI
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

The piece has been used since the '70s I believe, but not as a minifig part.
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

Aliencat wrote:The cool thing is, we got to play with these rock monsters and some more Power Miners stuff in october at a closed meeting with Jan Beyer and the designer of Power Miners, Marc Stafford, with a bunch of members of De Bouwsteen and Lowlug.
Marc Stafford?! Isn't he the AFOL from Georgia who won $43 million?

David
♪ "Whether I'm the last one alive, or ascend before my time
Better I'm the last one alive, than a soul denied" ♫ —Demon Hunter
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

I don't like these sets at all. The positive side is that I'll save some money for the castle sets...
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

My first impulse was to bash these sets BUT......

Graned I do not like them as much as the MM mining rigs, but that being said The armored drilling unit impresed me much more in persn than on box art, so i really would like ot see some of these units.
Domino Gloria!
Crusader
Peasant

Post by Crusader »

Personally I can't stand the colors, but my boys probably will. We'll get a smaller set or two for the rock monsters, but we'll probably pass on the line overall. Just not enough space and money.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K.Chesterton
xzerix
Villein

Post by xzerix »

Not my thing, really, but I can forsee a few Brinklink purchases of the Rock creatures and the new crystals - They'd be right at home in a dwarven mine...

I guess I'm going with the crowd here - I'm interested in a few of the pieces but not really the sets. :wink:
My Other sig is funny. Honest.
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Crazylegoman wrote:
Aliencat wrote:The cool thing is, we got to play with these rock monsters and some more Power Miners stuff in october at a closed meeting with Jan Beyer and the designer of Power Miners, Marc Stafford, with a bunch of members of De Bouwsteen and Lowlug.
Haha yeah my bad, I must have not been paying attention while typing that, I don't know where Stafford came from. I meant Marc but I forgot his last name, he also designed the Exo-Force and Agents series, and I really can't think of his last name right now. Marc X.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

Aliencat wrote:Haha yeah my bad, I must have not been paying attention while typing that, I don't know where Stafford came from. I meant Marc but I forgot his last name, he also designed the Exo-Force and Agents series, and I really can't think of his last name right now. Marc X.
Actually I misremembered also. I was thinking of Mark Staffa the AFOL from Georgia who has a very similar name. You got me so curious, I just had to go look it up. ;)

David
♪ "Whether I'm the last one alive, or ascend before my time
Better I'm the last one alive, than a soul denied" ♫ —Demon Hunter
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

Crazylegoman wrote:

David
holy cow...guess he has no trouble supporting his hobby now!
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

I think Mark Stafford worked on Exo-Force. His Cthulego stuff and mecha are pretty awesome.
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Mark Stafford it was then :)
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]