Selling my Massive Castle Fig Collection

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
wlister
Sheriff

Selling my Massive Castle Fig Collection

Post by wlister »

Hi Guys,

Some of you might remember me, I used to be one of the bigger army builders on here. Sadly the real world took all the time and space I had for LEGO and now I am selling what is left of my minifig collection. Well, I should say my friend Albert is selling the collection for me. I just don't have the time. Figs range from new out of sets to my custom Orcs and Dwarves. Many more auctions will be going up over the next week and then my collection will be finished. I still have my village buildings and my massive castle, they are too hard to sell. The local LUG is going to use them for displays when someone has to drop out.

Here is how to find the auctions:

http://shop.ebay.ca/merchant/legomanber ... 0QQ_sopZ12

This group of sales will be the end of my time as an AFOL, but I must say I missed being part of this community. I check out what you guys are doing once in a while, but I'm just a lurker now. Happy Building...[/url]
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I cancelled the auctions that were remaining. I am going to use Bricklink to sell this stuff. I got raked pretty bad on the eBay sales.
yaya
Freeman

Post by yaya »

wlister wrote:I cancelled the auctions that were remaining. I am going to use Bricklink to sell this stuff. I got raked pretty bad on the eBay sales.
What do you mean, raked???
Steve
Lego collector
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

yaya wrote:
wlister wrote:I cancelled the auctions that were remaining. I am going to use Bricklink to sell this stuff. I got raked pretty bad on the eBay sales.
What do you mean, raked???

I think he means "raked" as "swindled" or "taken advantage of". Ebay takes alot of your money for all sorts of fees. You need a large profit margin to do deal well with Ebay sales.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

eBay takes your money when you list an item, again when you sell that item. They own Paypal so they then take your money when you get paid for your item.

Couple that with Paypal's mandatory tracking number for all packages sent and it becomes near impossible to sell anything with a profit. Canada has no affordable shipping options with a tracking number. It turns off buyers and I was absorbing some of the costs to try and keep their cost reasonable.

Then have several auctions sell for less than 25% of what they were worth and you end up losing money on those sales. I had 4 sales where I lost money on the actual sale let alone what the figs were actually worth.

I trust bricklink buyers more and will accept cash payments from them and that will save the need for tracking numbers and Paypal fees. The goal is to save money for the buyers and get a decent price for my investment.
yaya
Freeman

Post by yaya »

wlister wrote:eBay takes your money when you list an item, again when you sell that item. They own Paypal so they then take your money when you get paid for your item.

Couple that with Paypal's mandatory tracking number for all packages sent and it becomes near impossible to sell anything with a profit. Canada has no affordable shipping options with a tracking number. It turns off buyers and I was absorbing some of the costs to try and keep their cost reasonable.

Then have several auctions sell for less than 25% of what they were worth and you end up losing money on those sales. I had 4 sales where I lost money on the actual sale let alone what the figs were actually worth.

I trust bricklink buyers more and will accept cash payments from them and that will save the need for tracking numbers and Paypal fees. The goal is to save money for the buyers and get a decent price for my investment.
I completly understand, I say some ebay auction in the last month or so, go for less then $10 usd for minifigs worth at less 5 time more....

Very Sad, but ebay is becomming what it was supose to be, a bargin web site. :wink:
Steve
Lego collector
foxdobbs
Peasant

Post by foxdobbs »

Will, sad to hear you are having to part with your figs. The couple hundred I was lucky enough to add to my collection from your auctions in '06 were a great addition to my collection. I'll be watching for the Bricklink inventory at the end of the year.

Cheers,
~Cedrus
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

It's sad to see you have to part with your collection William, I hope you'll check cc once in a while. I've always enjoyed your posts and chatting at Bricklink :)
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!