LEGO Play Themes Thread

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

LEGO Play Themes Thread

Post by SavaTheAggie »

LEGO has asked the Ambassadors to remove LEGO Play Themes thread from all the website to which it was posted. It was not their intention for it to be a public discussion, which would allow competitors to view and take notes. I h ave moved the thread into a private area of the forum, they are not lost.

However, all submissions to the LEGO group must be made via an Ambassador. Give me a few days and I'll think of the best way for us to move forward - I don't really want to have thousands of emails to have to go through in my inbox. Perhaps I will discuss a private forum section with the other administrators.

I will update you on the final means through which you can communicate your thoughts, at least on this website.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

That must mean we've had some good suggestions...

:D

Steve

P.S. Post #3100
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

closing the barn door after the horse is out?
Domino Gloria!
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

timber_wolf899 wrote:closing the barn door after the horse is out?
I wouldn't say that.
Now the Ambassadors will get the ideas through private channels and submit them to The Lego Compnay without anyone else being able to read it. I don't see any horse that would have gotten out, the question list itself is public but the answers the AFOLs give aren't.
Sure, the thread got 15 replies of which only a few were really worth anything so , but nothing specific enough for any competitor to "steal" or at least take notes on yet. So I'd say the barn door is closed before the horse even realized it was open ;)
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

guess that depends on how closely megabloks watches this forum.........which is an interesting questing in and of itself.

read......wouldnt we like to know.
Domino Gloria!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

It was nice to see everyone's ideas on the subject, albeit with an overabundance of "steampunk" ideas. :roll:
Too bad we have to hide these from scrying eyes. :?
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

timber_wolf899 wrote:guess that depends on how closely megabloks watches this forum
Not really, take for example you and I, we watch this forum closely, but still we can't tell which theme idea was given the most support, because we can't see the private messages or e-mails being sent to the Ambassadors.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

What i mean is that the need to remove the theme suggestions from public view is directly proportional it seems, to the scrutiny paid by compeditors.

Makes you wonder if MB has someone who monitors the online lego community seeing as they lack their own such community. Wouldnt that be a fun job?

"Is that report on BZpower activity done yet?"

"no boss, sorry, i've been bogged down in the brothers-brick monitoring and extrapolation project!"

: )
Domino Gloria!
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Where do I need to send my ideas?
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I'm curious if we would need to resubmit already posted ideas or if TLC is sufficiently aware of those.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

Athos wrote:I'm curious if we would need to resubmit already posted ideas or if TLC is sufficiently aware of those.

Steve
Here's an answer from Sava's original post regarding the original thread with the posted ideas.

"I have moved the thread into a private area of the forum, they are not lost."
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

timber_wolf899 wrote:Guess that depends on how closely Megabloks watches this forum.........which is an interesting question in and of itself.

read......wouldn't we like to know.
I like to assume that all the spammers that we have to delete are secret Megabloks agents. :P

Of course, we could always post a whole bunch of BAD theme ideas here in public, hoping that they'll steal them.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Username wrote:Where do I need to send my ideas?
To me of course, i'll make sure to send them off. :D

If they're bad ideas though I don't want them. :wink:
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Of course, we could always post a whole bunch of BAD theme ideas here in public, hoping that they'll steal them.
We did...."Steam Punk", it's right up Megablok's alley :P

Put the pitchforks down, I'm only kidding.....maybe....sorta.....not really :wink:

I think the fact of the matter is is that this is just another step forward in TLC showing it's dedication to give the fans something they may want. I'm kinda thrilled that they would even ask us. I don't have any raw data, but based on things reported here and from recent experiences, look at the direction this company has taken to get it self out of the hole it was in. The Death Star set seems to have stemed directly from a similar question. The LA's helping with the creation of the current Castle theme and Space if I recall. Members like Steve Witt reaching out to not only give us what we wanted in the Medieval Market Street, but the way he helped with the Advent Calander mess. A company that is not only in touch with it's fans, but makes an effort to give them what they want. Besides, it's not like they're going to take the information from this session, use one, and throw the others out. It makes no difference to me if it's public or private, what matters is that they want to increase our interest.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

As you say, lego is really developing the online community into a strategic resource.

This is a resource that others will have trouble duplicating even if they recognize its value. <Go ahead MB form an online adult fan community, i DARE you!>
Domino Gloria!