surprised none commented on..

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

surprised none commented on..

Post by timber_wolf899 »

In the original play theme solicitation<sp> it was mentioned that castle had a dedicated design team.

This would seem to bode VERY well for us. Why have such a team that was not both making money and projected to do so for some time?
Domino Gloria!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Okay, um, just what is it you are trying to say here? As you said: "Why have such a team that was not both making money and projected to do so for some time?", uh, just what does that mean? And for that matter, just what are you trying to talk about in this thread?

As to the fact that Lego has a dedicated design team, I may not be perfectly correct, I but I am pretty dang sure that all the themes have dedicated design teams.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

my point is this.

Judging by the play theme solisitation, castle has a dedicated design team where as other themes such as exo force, agents, etc do not.

This seems to be great news for us, as it indicates castle is important enough to merit such dedicated resources.
Domino Gloria!
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

You're reading too much into this, as it were.

All themes and lines have dedicated design teams. They're made up of managers, a couple "supervisor" types, and 2-6 actual designers. Those who work castle also work a couple other themes, including Creator, if my memory serves me correctly.

For example, all the license themes share one design team, while space shares another.

If they didn't have design teams, how else would the themes come to life?
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

ah yes, i read that as saying the team in question 'only' worked on castle.

Wonder if they're also doing pirate?

arg!
Domino Gloria!
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I can see the validity here if what he's saying is right - if other themes don't have a dedicated design team (but just one team that does several themes at once), but castle has a dedicated design team that only does castle, that is indeed good news.

It means LEGO is dedicating a larger number of resources to the theme (people and money-wise).

This increases the probability of a nicer product in the future because when people only focus on one thing they get more involved (instead of multitasking on many different things), and it also indicates to us that castle is probably making money and not going away anytime soon (I don't want to go back to the years of only HP and SW sets!) 8)

So while I don't know where you found this out, or if it is correct, I would like it to be true!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]