Harry Potter Set Names and Numbers

Discussion of general LEGO topics
wlister
Sheriff

Harry Potter Set Names and Numbers

Post by wlister »

Hi All,

I have all the names, set numbers, expected delivery dates and prices in Canadian dollars for the new Harry Potter sets.

This info is directly from a local TRU employee as such, it is not a rumor, but I am not sure if I should be posting the info as it is a leak of sorts. If it is all right for me to post this info could one of the Admins let me know.

If it is not, feel free to send me a private message if you just have to know about the new sets.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi William,

Our CC Forum policy is not to support leaks. We define a leak as information that has not been publicly released by LEGO at an event, online, or in a magazine/catalog. So if they have not said anything, we do not want to say anything either. Look at all the trouble the Knight's Kingdom 2004 rumors created.

Thanks,

Ben E.
Sets Admin
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

No problem,

I can keep th info to myself. Glad I asked first.

Will
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

Boooo..... :wink:

-Rich
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Ben,

What trouble did the rumors of the Knights Kingdom cause? The very day that Jake was saying not to act on rumors in his statements on Lugnet, the UK LEGO Magazine was publishing pictures of the upcoming sets that were pretty much in keeping with the rumors. So it was a question of a huge uproar over the rumors of these sets versus a huge uproar over the actual release of these sets. Yes, there was some extra noise generated by the inclusion of the "these are just rumors, wait and see" type posts, but the rest of the uproar would have been unchanged if it had waited until after the official release of the photos.

Bruce
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

Forgive me for sounding ignorant, but when will legos release info on the 2004 sets?

-Jeff
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

jeff_o_rama wrote:Forgive me for sounding ignorant, but when will legos release info on the 2004 sets?
They will do it when it is about time. Be patient.

Bye
Jojo

wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

We won't have to wait much longer, just until the toyfair in February and we may finally get info in the upcoming castle line in then as well. If you really must know the set names and numbers, PM me and I will send it to you.

Will
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

wlister wrote:We won't have to wait much longer, just until the toyfair in February and we may finally get info in the upcoming castle line in then as well. If you really must know the set names and numbers, PM me and I will send it to you.

Will
Thanks, Will, but I can wait. February isn't that far away.... right? :D

-Jeff
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Bruce wrote:
What trouble did the rumors of the Knights Kingdom cause? The very day that Jake was saying not to act on rumors in his statements on Lugnet, the UK LEGO Magazine was publishing pictures of the upcoming sets that were pretty much in keeping with the rumors. So it was a question of a huge uproar over the rumors of these sets versus a huge uproar over the actual release of these sets. Yes, there was some extra noise generated by the inclusion of the "these are just rumors, wait and see" type posts, but the rest of the uproar would have been unchanged if it had waited until after the official release of the photos.
The problem is that some LEGO fans acted irrationally when the KK sets were leaked. It is true that this could have happened when they were publicly announced. However, LEGO generally talks about their product when they release it publicly.

To quote Jake McKee
There is a new Knights Kingdom series coming next year, which does include what we call “constraction” (constructible action) figures...

They are a new dimension to the theme - an addition - which we believe will help draw even more kids to the Castle theme.
Spreading rumors denies Lego the ability to correctly announce the details of upcoming products. Talking about rumors, in my opinion (and the opinion of several other admins), is a waste of time when we could be building. I never thought that "system castle" was ending.

The admins think that we should not allow "leaks", especially castle leaks, to be posted on CC. This is not unreasonable. There are other ways to find this information.

CC would like to work with LEGO in the future (if they are willing) for Castle Set previews, the way that other theme specific sites do, such as FBTB.net and ILTCO.org. Why would LEGO want to give us special features if we leak or link to leaked information? We believe that future collaboration with LEGO for local castle lugs, event support, and set previews is quite possible due to the popularity and growth of CC.

I hope this provides some insight into our decision making process. :wink:

Ben E.
Sets Admin
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi All,

I have decided to erase my list of set names and numbers, I want to wait and see what the sets are like when Lego announces them. I have been running possible set designs through my head over and over again and I have decided to let this sleeping dog lay. As to the suggestion of June sets, I figured if we were going to see a banner year, announcements about said banner year would be made at toyfair. I have no information on that and I hope I don't hear anything until it is too late to complain about it:wink: . Happy Building!

Will
Bruce N H

Post by Bruce N H »

Ben,

I certainly understand and agree with the rules both here and at FBTB. My only point was that the same irrational actions based on leaks would have most surely happened a few days later when the official photos came out.

As far as I can see, here was the timeline.
October 29: Jojo mentions "Castle has a future in 2004" rumor here.
Early November: rumors on 1000Steine.de, including set names for the new Knights Kingdom sets, speculation here and elsewhere
November 15: "Rumored castle sets now a nightmare" on Lugnet, includes reference to 1000Steine.de posts ---UPROAR!
November 18: Jake ducks my question on Lugnet, saying don't pay attention to leaks (uproar continuing)
November 19: First official release of Knights Kingdom photos in UK Magazine (uproar continuing, even growing)
November 24: Post by Jake you cited above, uproar starts to diminish

So, two things:
1. The difference we're talking about here is really the three days between leaks hitting Lugnet on the 15th and official photos hitting Lugnet on the 18th, and it's not like all the irrationality died down on the 18th.
2. Was Jake's post on the 24th fire fighting in response to the uproar, or a well-planned press release from LEGO? I'd argue the former. If this were a planned public announcement from LEGO it would have come out on the 19th, since the moment something official appears anywhere in the world it is immediately spread to all corners of the AFOL web. They have to know this by now.

Again, I'm not arguing against the no leak policy, just the reasoning for it. If the reason is "we want to play nice with them so they'll play nice with us", that makes total sense. If the argument is "the three days of sound and fury between the leak and the UK LEGO Magazine were so much more distracting than the five days of sound and fury between the UK LEGO Magazine and Jake's reassuring post on Lugnet," well, that makes much less sense.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

As the moron who started the whole "Rumored castle sets now a nightmare" I feel I would have been better off if I had not seen the info on 1000Steine.de. I would have felt better if I hadn't posted that remark as well. It started a conflagration I was not expecting after all, there aren't a lot of people who actually post to Lugnet.castle. It may have started anyway, but I wish I hadn't been the one to start it. My fear was that System castle would be hit with the same phasing out that Bionicle did to regular technic.

Since then I have decided to keep myself out of the speculation game. I also started this thread, but rather than start something negative, I asked if it was all right to post. My interest in posting the set names and numbers also came from excitement, not the need to vent about the horrible new castle line.

Since I have erased the info on the upcoming Harry Potter sets, I feel much better and no I can't remember most of the set names and certainly no numbers. The joys of having a busy life, the smaller things tend to be forgotten easily.

This is the last time I will mention upcoming lines without official word from TLC. I'll sleep better and so will everyone else.

Will
Bruce N H

Post by Bruce N H »

Will,

Rest assured, your post provided the occasion of the conflagration but not the cause.

Bruce
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Again, I'm not arguing against the no leak policy, just the reasoning for it. If the reason is "we want to play nice with them so they'll play nice with us", that makes total sense.
That is what we would like to do.
My only point was that the same irrational actions based on leaks would have most surely happened a few days later when the official photos came out.
I believe you are right about this.

Ben E.
Sets Admin