Weekly Set Review: Supply Wagon

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Yay, a peasant in a set that costs less than $100!

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Well with the hopefully good sales of the markert let us hope for the best Athos. I'd love some civi sets..

Now regarding the cart. I too think it was neat. I loved the many carts, chariots and such that were so common in the 80s. I usually had it paired with the peasant wagon for protection in numbers, the forestman keeping them safe.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Evil Ben
Freeman

Post by Evil Ben »

Definite contender for my favourite castle set! :)

When I first got it, I appreciated the horse and the weapons, but loved the peasant torso and hood. Even when I was a kid I liked having civilians, and this minifig is still one of my favourites. Not much of a build, to be sure, but there's actually a lot of play value for such a small set - well, I played with it endlessly, anyway. Just loading it up was fun, and it became the target for many an ambush.

*happy sigh*
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

This was probably a fairly inexpensive set in '84. A horse, a cart and a peasant...what's not to like? I think I would have prefered the wagon to have four wheels instead of two but it's still nice. I dare TLG to put out a similar set next year!
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

This set is a fine example of the good ole days. LEGO should have more peasants in their sets now with the Market Village. I think that this set came out in my dark age, I'm sure I would have bought it if I was old enough and had the money. 10/10.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Teherean
Steward

Post by Teherean »

I like this set minifig and accesories are great.
I don't really know about the strange box on the backside.
AFOL, Brony, Yeah... I am a child at heart!

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
plucky
Laborer

Post by plucky »

At $3, this was an amazing little set. Not that the price meant anything to me when I got it ($3=$20=$1000, I wasn't buying it on my own :) ). How much would this little gem cost today, with a peasant, horse, and all those nifty accessories!? The awesome old round shield, and it doesn't have the balance problems of 6022 Horse Cart.

With inflation, it's a $6.18 purchase now. Hmmm.... $6.18, I wonder how that really holds up? How many people would purchase it at $6?
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

This could have very well been my first Castle set, I can't remember :oops: . The torso is one of my all time favorites and I was thrilled with all the little accesories. As an adult, a set like this would be appealing, but as a kid, all the little accessories are what drew me to it. A WIN either way.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

A wonderfully simple and fully equiped little wagon. 9/10
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

I like this set because it has a peasent and with the peasent i can put him in prison which is cool. The supply wagon itself just seems to have weapons, perhaps if it had a chest and some food i would like it more. I still realy like this set though.I realy like the Peasent :wink: 8/10
The Crusader
Freeman

Post by The Crusader »

I just bought this set...meh..

4 out of 10
insurrection
Laborer

Post by insurrection »

Well, I guess you can figure my feelings for the torso :)

And i find the set as a whole very neat to, even though I never had one myself (but I'm actually bidding on one at e-bay right now).
Legoist
Peasant

Post by Legoist »

This set has nothing to build.

Usually this means to me it's a bad set but... this set is really only about the pieces you get: a really nice minifig (as mentioned by everyone), a horse (even if I was buried in horses, I'd never have enough), two cart wheels (again, never have enough), and 5 minifig accessories (3 weapons+1shield+tool).

A set like this is the perfect little purchase to get a boost on your LEGO "population", just like today's "impulse sets", only slightly bigger. My guess is that it would be a 5-6$ set today.
Jibbajaba
Laborer

Re: Weekly Set Review: Supply Wagon

Post by Jibbajaba »

I think it's a really cool set. I remember those peasant figures always being in high demand when I was a kid. I got started with Lego about 5 years after this set, so if I remember correctly the only way for me to get that minifig was to buy the Castle Minifigures set. It also comes with a nice array of weapons/accessories. Looks like there is an axe, spear, shield, hammer, and a sword, on top of the horse and set of wagon wheels.

According to Peeron, this set cost $3 back then, which equates to about $6 now, which sounds about right. I think if would definitely pick up 3 or so of these if they were around today.

Chris
Sir Prog
Laborer

Re:

Post by Sir Prog »

porschecm2 wrote:Personally, I like it. It was before my time( :? ), but it looks awesome. If it were out now, you can be sure I'd buy one. I think the cart could be slightly larger, but then again, it's rather nice keeping it small, and thus the price too. It has a nice assortment of supplies, although a barrel or a chest would have been good. Overall, I think this is the type of set Lego should get back to making. Simple, yet very nice.

Cm2
lol, this set was BEFORE barrels

P.S. - I had this one, and I always felt sorry for the homely fig. He was always in need of saving by the Foresters or the victim of imprisoning by the corrupted Knights. :(
For the King's Castle!