Can a 2009 LEGO Castle Sets thread not be against the rules?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

There is a reason good and 'pretty' are often associated. THis holds for he reverse as well.

The reason, i'd put forward as what philosophers call natural law.

We instinctively know good things. None has to tell you an apple is good, or that say kindness is good.

Now we are aslo naturally drawn to attractive people by our mating instincts. So good and pretty are things we are naturally attracted to, and thus get synced up.

on topic......there is info on castle 2009 sets on retail sites so......may we talk about them now?
Domino Gloria!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

timber_wolf899 wrote:on topic......there is info on castle 2009 sets on retail sites so......may we talk about them now?
This information likely should not be up on a retail site yet. If you would like to pm an admin with a link to this information, we can determine whether or not it can be discussed at CC.

Ben
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Here are my thoughts about leaked images, that I posted at TBB. Thought I would share them here too:
Personally, I think the explanation that most people dislike or have negative comments about the prototype pictures is a silly reason to stop posting preliminary pictures. If that is a reason, then negative comments could be used to justify not posting anything. What if everyone hated the final Powerminers sets? Would you never post Powerminers again?

As to wanting to prevent Lego’s competitors from having an edge, that’s a more reasonable justification. Though, since the pictures are out there to be found, fairly easily (in fact, I first stumbled onto them on the frontpage brickshelf), it makes me question how much assistance you’re providing to Lego. Sure megablocks (and I’m going to use megablocks as the generic competitor) won’t find the pictures of TBB, but a quick brickshelf search will find them easily enough.

Its up to Lego to stop the leaks. Asking everyone to take them off their sites, after the pictures have been copied into every other flickr, brickshelf, etc. folder is like shutting the barn door after the horse has gotten out.

If these competitors are really out there looking to steal Lego’s set idea from preliminary pictures, then they’ve already gotten the pictures by the time the sites have taken them down. If I’ve seen them, the megablocks has seen them.

Further, if competition is a legitimate reason to take down the pictures, then it cannot apply to licensed themes. Megablocks, even if it had access to all the information regarding Star Wars or Indy or SpongeBob, still cannot legally make such a competing set.

In the end, this self-censorship, either at the behest of Lego or by a self-developed desire to help TLC, only keeps the pictures out of the hands of devoted Lego fans.

I personally like to know what is coming down the pipe, so I can budget properly. Maybe I’ll skip on a $50 Star Wars set, in order to be able to afford a $100 Castle set. It also helps with MOCing, since I know what pieces are coming. If I wanted to build a farm, I may wait until the farm comes out, so I can put cows in the scene. Or maybe hold off on ordering brickforge’s cows…
Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

amen steve

To expand on your last paragraph, knowing what is comming helps build demand. Take 10193 for example. We knew it was on the way long enough in advance to have loads of cash waiting. Hence th thing has been in top 25 almost a month now and is in backorder till the end of Feb!.
Domino Gloria!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

timber_wolf899 wrote:amen steve

To expand on your last paragraph, knowing what is comming helps build demand. Take 10193 for example. We knew it was on the way long enough in advance to have loads of cash waiting. Hence th thing has been in top 25 almost a month now and is in backorder till the end of Feb!.
I agree, even if I just limited to the 10193 example. It's hard not to want a new set especially if you have to wait for it. I made sure that I had a reserve of money for it so there wouldn't be any question of picking up a few. For those who need some motivation to save up for the 2009 release mid year I think it would be good to "tease" us FOLs.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

I have seen a European shop site that said the names,prices,and dates (no pics). p.s. KingDavid look on Eurobricks forums for castle 2009 sets.
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Dr.Cogg wrote:I have seen a European shop site that said the names,prices,and dates (no pics). p.s. KingDavid look on Eurobricks forums for castle 2009 sets.
Ah, thank you. I found what I was looking for. :D
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

natelite wrote:you are close. i would have to say $20, $40, $99. haven't seen any set delibrately priced at the $15 range except for a few SW sets.
guess i was correct on the prices! :wink: