Where have all the baseplates gone?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Bruce,

I hope if TLC made them they'd be a bit cheaper.... either that or I am greatly mistaken in the mats size. 50 bucks should get you a fairly large sized mat if made of rubber. I'd love to see something like that as well though, good point!

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Legoist
Peasant

Post by Legoist »

They increased the width of roads because all vehicles sizes were increased as well.

Once upon a time, vehicles were pretty much all 4-studs wide. Now trucks are 6-stud by default but some are also 8-stud (and more to come in summer 2009), while even some car is now 6-stud.

And construction vehicles are even larger: 12-stud the XXL mobile crane (reduced to 8-stud the new version in the 2009 construction works center), 10-stud the 2009 roller, 20-stud the 2009 bulldozer!

The world economy is in recession, but in Legoland inflation is rampant :D
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

But they are still producing new sets.

otherwise it'd be lego stag-flation : )
Domino Gloria!
Legoist
Peasant

Post by Legoist »

But there ain't no stag yet in lego... cow's the latest pet. Cow-flation?

Ok, that was a sucky joke :roll:
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

well yes, but it would make steak cheaper!
Domino Gloria!
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

I would love for there to be more of the basic flat baseplates. I have plenty of green for my personal needs, but every time I go to a convention we always have a shortage of baseplates. We are in greatest need of blue.

I would love to be able to get a greater range of colors or even greater avalibility in the colors that are out there. I have 1 16x32 brown that I could use more of and 32x32 tan would be nice to have several of.

On the roads I only have a few and would love more but don't need as many inersections as I have strait roads so I have yet to get any.

While I hate finding a place to store the rased baseplates my son and daughter love them. To my kids it is instant base when he wants to play with some of my armies. They may not fit well in an AFOLs collection but for a kid with a limited number of bricks they add easy quick depth.