'09 Castle sets at the U.S. Toy Fair

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
mrkovach
Apprentice

Post by mrkovach »

I'm thinking that we will be presented with TWO new factions.
I believe I will start a thread on other CC fans on it.
^You should be more concerned with what's written above^
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

Thank you very much for posting that! From those pictures the sets look more interesting but 100$ for the troll fortress... wow!
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
insurrection
Laborer

Post by insurrection »

Is it a chariot... or is it a horse-pulled steam boat?
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I guess it was not all that far off from what I figured earlier so while I'd have loved it to have been cheaper I am not surprised really. I am surprised with the drawbridge somewhat as I figured it would be a bit less but I guess the minifig count bumped it up. I do think in these pictures the sets all do look to have continued well the 2007 and 2008 lines.

The Gold Knight is AWESEOME! Must get a few… sorry last time I will say it. I think it is great how much detail he has on him. Only wish he had a better shield.

The two troll-trolls in the castle are neat as well with the branding on them and new armour as is the king and witch. I am glad they have shields for the trolls/orcs in every set they are in and in good numbers as well

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

The drawbridge set looks fantastic, as does the chariot set, though I'm afraid my opinion of the Troll fortress remains low.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

insurrection wrote:Is it a chariot... or is it a horse-pulled steam boat?
No silly. That's a paddlewheel steamer with a horse bow-mascot. :wink:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Crusader
Peasant

Post by Crusader »

While I like the drawbridge, I'm more interested in the Temple of Doom set. It looks like it could be easily made into an ultimate dwaf mine!
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K.Chesterton
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

The only set I'm really excited for is the drawbridge. The troll's castle has too much BURPS for my taste, I may only get it for the figs and it also comes out right by my b-day. The carriage is all-right... but 20$ is too expensive for my taste, but it is nice to see choco-brown spears(or are they just reddish brown?). Not too excited for this year.
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

Wow...those updated pics are awesome....I will both the Tower and Fortress...I dunno about that Chariot though.
The Crusader
Freeman

Post by The Crusader »

these sets will PWN all nOOBs
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Another great year of Castle, and to think that just five years ago all we got was KKII! Times change :D

Now, I will probably concentrate my efforts, and money on the Drawbridge this summer. The fortress looks good but is too expensive for me. And my interest in the troll-faction is'nt that great anyway. The Chariot on the other hand, looks too bulky. Just one horse to pull that great big monster of a thing?!

The drawbridge, then. This I will buy as soon as I can. Not so much for the drawbridge itself, although it is a great model, as for the minifigs. I love that they put so much work into figs these days and I can't wait to see the Queen fig and the Jester in real plastic life! The Knight looks cool too, but it's not the main reason for buying the set.

Joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Dunechaser
Councilor

Post by Dunechaser »

The fortress looks like a great way to get more big trolls, and the Troll Queen minifig is way cool (as I can attest from having seen her in person at BrickCon).
-Andrew B.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunechaser/]Flickr[/url] | [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com/]The Brothers Brick[/url]
burkey42
Freeman

Post by burkey42 »

Thanks Sir Dano for the Photos. Makes my decision easy on what I'll buy when they come out to Australia.
Castle Lego is my drug of choice.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I need the Troll Witch and Warlord. It's too bad the best faces in the Troll world are in the highest priced set. I hope Bricklink gets a ton.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-