New Article: Abaddon's Army

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

New Article: Abaddon's Army

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Hey all,

I've added a new article to our How-To section. Feel free to check it out.

Comments on this and all articles are always welcome.

--Anthony

P.S. I'll be the first to admit it. I created the faction because of the shields. :) Probably not my best work, but I just had to create a faction for those shields.
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

Wow! Very nice!
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Another Masterpiece !! :D

What faction could be next ? :wink:

-- Joey
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Ahhhh... that name....inner nerd...appearing...warhammer40k...reference...
abaddon! the everchosen of chaos! abaddon the despoiler!
Lovely coincidence.
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

Splendid... :twisted:

I particularly like the "Dish Of Centre De Vampires", the "Vampires gilded the Armour and the" Vampires Measure the Mail "...
By seeing them, I think that they resemble to former killed soldiers then ressucities by the necromancians... :twisted:

On the other hand, the torso female is not very resembling : a woman skeleton does not have centres... :evil:
Superdada, grand général des armées Léonidienne
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Very nice... The skeleton ornate plate was a little cheap, but everything else looked great. I'd love to see these in Ikros.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I love all the sheilds, the "Abaddon's Elite Army" is sweet. I don't like the look of the torsos.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

The invented torsos are certainly average but those which are rusted are splendid !!! :twisted:
Superdada, grand général des armées Léonidienne
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Spooky! I like it alot, keep up the great work!
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

looks great. But it seems to me that well, you are starting to get a little desperate for torso designs. Also some of us, mainly me, are getting impatient for the next chapter of Chaos. But don't let me discourage you. I do like the fact that you are doing all you can to help us Harry Potter full people get good armies. Keep it up. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Dada wrote:Splendid... :twisted:

I particularly like the "Dish Of Centre De Vampires", the "Vampires gilded the Armour and the" Vampires Measure the Mail "...
By seeing them, I think that they resemble to former killed soldiers then ressucities by the necromancians... :twisted:

On the other hand, the torso female is not very resembling : a woman skeleton does not have centres... :evil:
The female torso is not a female skeleton, it's a female suit of armor using bone instead of metal, just like the two two torsos on either side of her. That's why I didn't lable those three torsos as 'Undead' and they have 'Armor' at the end of them.
Robin Hood wrote:looks great. But it seems to me that well, you are starting to get a little desperate for torso designs. Also some of us, mainly me, are getting impatient for the next chapter of Chaos. But don't let me discourage you. I do like the fact that you are doing all you can to help us Harry Potter full people get good armies. Keep it up. :wink:
As I said in the thread about the Abaddon shield, this is a hard faction to work with. Most of the warriors in an undead army would probably be skeletons only, so they would have no need for torso stickers.

I also thought it would be neat to see classic designs 'reborn from the grave', since an undead army could have any torso with a skeleton head stuck on it. Apparently I'm in the minority there.

As for Ikros, I cannot work on a new chapter until I have the room to do so. The next two chapters invovle Halcyon version 2, and there is only one table in this house that can hold it. Unfortunately, that table is being used for wedding paraphernalia, so I can't use it. So Ikros is going to have to wait.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well I like these. They look way to scary for my smiley-faced figs, and I don't really have any undead anyway, but these still look awesome.

As the others have said, excellent work with the falling apart/rusting armour. I may not use these for undead, but modified, some of them might make great torsos for people who are 1)old and rusty 2) poor and scavenging 3) just plain ugly.

Have I said that they're very well done? As always? :D
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi Anthony,

I for one am really enjoying your forrays into creating new factions. The bone armor torsos are truly excellent as are all the shields and I can't wait to use them.

The rusted existing torsos are great and it is great to see some bone visible beneath. A bare skeleton may be a big part of an undead army, but what about the more freshly dead, flesh dissolves faster than cloth in some environments and much faster than armor so it would only make sense to put these stickers on regular bodies with skeleton heads. I for one have a wealth of extra skeleton heads from the orient sets so all of these torsos will find uses.

Good luck with the wedding planning, my wedding planning had almost nothing to do with me, I was told to show up in a tux with 2 groomsmen and a best man. The rest was don't use that credit card, I need it for flowers... :wink:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

wlister wrote:........so it would only make sense to put these stickers on regular bodies with skeleton heads. I for one have a wealth of extra skeleton heads from the orient sets so all of these torsos will find uses.
Not just Orient Expedition, but Mission Deep Sea. I dunno how many of you bought that stuff, but I did, and I must have about a dozen spare skeleton heads because of it.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Yeah those look awesome!
Alan
P.S Keep up the good work! :D
good times