Castle Accessories Packs

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Castle Accessories Packs

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Anyone remember when these were around back in the 1980s? With the return of the castle minifigs sets it might be nice to see a return to these little packs as well. I hope that some day the Pick-a-Brick will carry more castle accessories (love the fact they offer breastplates and crossbows but more would be nice) until then or even additionally these small packs I could see as being a nice package for someone trying to add some variety to their minifigs and sets. Maybe even something with non0military type items would be useful as well, maybe even pitchforks?

link removed

Does anyone think these would be useful as well?

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

As much as I would like to see this, I think LEGO has moved away from these specialty packs. If we see these items at all, it'll be on the PAB wall.
BrianofBrick06
Foot Soldier

Post by BrianofBrick06 »

I would definitely appreciate some sort of revival for minifig accessory packs. Lately i have noticed the need for certain pieces for my minifigs and would love to buy some from TLC, but i guess that is what bricklink is for...(said with the intention to tempt TLC to produce these packs again as i would buy from them first)...
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Munchy wrote:As much as I would like to see this, I think LEGO has moved away from these specialty packs. If we see these items at all, it'll be on the PAB wall.
I really hope that's not the case; I really liked the accessory packs and would love them back.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I may stick to BL, but I'd love a thorough BAP selection.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

I'd definitely like to see them again.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I'm more interested in the parts than the packs. I'd buy a set with great elements, or a large selection of a single element before I'd buy a pack of loosely related parts that cannot form a construction. I think that's the general consumer feeling, but if you found them at a low enough price and large enough quantity in a retail shop, the urge to impulse shop would be quite great. I'd be tempted, but I'd still rather be a smart shopper and plan a bulk order.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Baites
Foot Soldier

Re: Castle Accessories Packs

Post by Baites »

I think PaB would be more useful than reviving the theme packs, but PaB could use a few adjustments to make it more competative with brinklink and finally replace the theme pack.

More select. There needs to be more helmets and weapons. While PaB may never be able to go toe to toe with Brinklink in this category, atleast it would help close the gap.

Discount for bulk orders. Someday I might want to have armour and weapons for every minifig in my house, but that's around 500 units. If there was a discount for orders of 20 or more units of the same piece, would help people with army building.

That's my two cents on this topic.
the enigma that is badger
Apprentice

Post by the enigma that is badger »

I'd definitely love to see TLG expand their PAB offerings in regards to minifig accessories (and minifig body parts for that matter). I'd be particularly interested in body wear and headgear.
For no one, no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.
[url=http://flickr.com/photos/enigmabadger/]Flickr[/url]
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

It's been seven years since the last Castle Accessory pack, and I think TLC's more interested in distributing special elements in things like Pick-a-Brick these days. As such, I don't expect another pack, but I'd be happy if they did do one.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Chances are that if they did do another accessory pack for Castle minifigures I'd get too many wizard hats... again. :lol:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-