Castle Evolution Stage |3|

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Garbageman13
Reeve

Re: Castle Evolution Stage |3|

Post by Garbageman13 »

Remyth wrote: You have given me a myriad of ideas for building my own castles. I thank you for that, sir!
Same here! Thanks DNL!

This MOC is very detailed and well done! I can spot alot of great techniques and some I've never seen before in this MOC!

Great job, and like everyone else, I can't wait for stage 4!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28530273@N07/]~Ye Olde Flickr~[/url]
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I had no idea this could get so much better. This is absolutely wonderfully fantastic. I can't say anymore than that, except that I want this. It's amazing.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
The_Hun
Laborer

Post by The_Hun »

The new stages of this MOC have become the most anticipated creations for me on this site. I'm simply amazed by your landscaping ability and all the nifty little details. Congratulations!
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=The_Hun]My Bricklink[/url] * [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=TheHun]My Brickshelf[/url]
jokkna
Goat Brigade

Post by jokkna »

This is really really beutiful. :shock: I hope too see more from you soon!

:) And keep up the good work
Af hverju í skollanum er fiskabúr á herbergisgólfinu mínu?
kk634
Villein

Post by kk634 »

Your Castle Evolution work amazes me.
Will we have more to look forward too?
I sure hope so!
Let Lego Live On!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/34499057@N02/]My Flickr[/url]
Pulsy
Serf

Post by Pulsy »

This project just gets better and better. The only thing that I see wrong in this stage is the tallest rock. It looks really thrown together. There are some areas on it that are very unrealistic, such as those 1x2 slopes and 4x2 wedges. Are you going to make a stage four?
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

An incredible MOC! I like how its still being built.
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

Thanks everybody.

Impressive work. Very realistic.

For me the only problem isn't with this MOC, seems that step from the castle 2 to 3 is bigger than the previous.
That bothered me as well, but i didn't really know how to make smaller change that isn't too small
The dark tide wrote:...though I am not sure how its done.
The dark tide wrote:You truly are a master builder. You have put so many suttleties into this MOC, its really amazing. I especially love your tower technique...though I am not sure how its done.
It's done with SNOTted panels, here is another corner using that technique: LInK
Blueandwhite wrote:Insane!

If there's a stage 4, I hope that some of the towers/elements from stage 3 stick around. Perhaps an outer curtain wall? In any case, good stuff.
Teherean wrote:Wow! This stage is the best one yet. are there any more stages to come? Because from my opinion, I don't think it can get any better. Loving all the techniques on the windows and arrow-slits. great job Daniel.
There will definitely be a stage four, and maybe more after that.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Beautiful MOC, DNL. Some details that caught my eye are the arrow slits using the legs, and in particular, the crane and scaffolding. I'm working right now on a packable trebuchet, and trying to get a system with wooden beams, and looking at your crane has given me a couple ideas.
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Lewa Rocks
Steward

Post by Lewa Rocks »

This is plain awesome!
I love the area under construction, and those ramps are cool.
I also like the arrow slits.....
jaydawg
Serf

Post by jaydawg »

Magnificent. Not much to add on top of what has already been said, but I do love how it actually has gotten bigger . . . fits in well with the "evolution" theme. Excellent job with the ongoing engineering activity, and the landscaping is terrific. I look forward to "Stage 4."
Stahlregen
Serf

Post by Stahlregen »

Call me a sadist, but I somehow want to see it destroyed in an epic battle, then abandoned, overgrown by nature and used as a bandit hideout, and finally turned into a modern-day tourist trap. :twisted:
Seikfreid
Journeyman

Post by Seikfreid »

Stahlregen wrote:Call me a sadist, but I somehow want to see it destroyed in an epic battle, then abandoned, overgrown by nature and used as a bandit hideout, and finally turned into a modern-day tourist trap. :twisted:
Ouch! Yet somehow it fits...
Very good work with the evolution. I went back and looked at the first castle stage again, and the difference is incredible! Great job!
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

This is a great idea. I had a similar idea but never brought it to light, good job for doing so. It would be neat to see the first "evo" as the first knight to happen across a defendable outcropping. You have packed a lot of detail into a medium sized MOC and thats the sign of great builder. And you tied in great landscaping as a part of this. It does jump forward maybe too fast, but I really like it.

Of course the next evo might be to show it's decline during the age of gunpowder and taxation of roofed castles (a major reason why so many are ruins today). Then maybe a paranormal team investigating the ruins in the 21st century as it is renovated by modern owners.

This really fires the imagination, and that is truly praise, well done.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

I'm almost done building stage four, but almost a month ago i showed stage 3.5 of this castle at a model train show together with some other MOCs made by members of Brikkelauget, and i forgot one module, the gatehouse... So now i have to wait until i can get it back from one of the other members of the LUG who took it with him for me. I can't finish this stage without the gatehouse, so you will all have to wait until i get it back for pictures of the whole castle, but here is a teaser:

Bigger picture.