CASTLE GAME // STRONGHOLD LEGOS

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Seanybaby2
Gong Farmer

CASTLE GAME // STRONGHOLD LEGOS

Post by Seanybaby2 »

Hey guys. I have been thinking about taking my lego playing into another level. A while ago I started making a new game to play with legos on my word processor. After a couple weeks I came out with a fifteen page manual that related very closely to a dungeon and dragons game. That was when I was 13 and I probably played that game with my friends close to a hundred times having an absolute blast. Now im in my twenties and I feel that other kids that were my age when I was young and others would love to play that game I had created then as well. I have been thinking of going back and taking that game I made and revising it an making it allot better. Adding graphic arts, an easy-to-use rules system and statistics for every castle item weapons/armor/horse etc. And a character list sheet, all with different level ups, skills and abilities. The game would relate very closely to dungeon and dragons but be with your legos. Would anyone here have any suggestions for a game like this, or even be interested in it?
Handar
Archer

Re: CASTLE GAME // STRONGHOLD LEGOS

Post by Handar »

I think your proposal sounds very interesting. I, for one at least, would be interested to read what you come up with. The thought of using minifigs and brickbuilt dungeons/encounters for an actual D & D game has been on my mind for quite a while now--I suspect it would be very labour intensive, but a blast at the same time--but alternate rulesets would also be fun to explore.

On a tangentially related note, have you checked out Brikwars? I know that it's in the same genre as the game which you are proposing, but you may find it intriguing nonetheless.
Seanybaby2
Gong Farmer

Re: CASTLE GAME // STRONGHOLD LEGOS

Post by Seanybaby2 »

Brikwars is very interesting. It is very similar to what I have been making and shares some of the core ideas behind what it is that I am trying to make. The use of dice will be incorporated into the game as well as ruler movement and turn based attacking. However I plan on making a game that is much more focused on the mini-figs, character development, role playing, items and etc. (Dungeon Master, his heros and ofcourse the devilishly evil dragon or any other warlike creature someone decides to pull out of their pocket at the time)I already have a fifteen page inventory/items list made. And I plan on adding allot more to, and then somehow making it all, if possible briefer and easier to understand. If anyone has any suggestions or even feels like theyd be intersted in it once again please let me know :)