Modified Spaceship by Quickblade

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Modified Spaceship by Quickblade

Post by Quickblade22 »

Quickblade also builds space :shock: This is my modified Millin.....Millen......Millum.....Han Solo's ship :tasty: I had is sitting around basically collecting dust. This has alot of meaning to me, and instead of trying to sell it or just rebuild the parts that had fallen off, I decided to do what AFOL's do best......build it to my prefrence :)

As you can see, I changed the position of the cockpit and lengthened it by 4 studs (I think) on the sides. I also added wings (not very impressive) and changed the bottom to all black.

On the bottom, I added alot of little details. You can see that I was trying to use some usually non-castle pieces and things that have almost no use anyways, like the hockey robot bodies. adding the hoses and little compartments was fun too. You can see the little hover bike attaches to the bottom.

Hover Bike and compartments

This is an interior shot. I like the space that seems to be available within the ship.

Interior

Gallery when public.

I have yet to get pictures of the crew. C & C welcome.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
jokkna
Goat Brigade

Re: Modified Spaceship by Quickblade

Post by jokkna »

Looks great. A well done modifacation of a good old ship :D

It looks kinda funny without the traditional cockpit but that is only a good thingalthough I must say I am not too fond of the wings but besides them it is a great creation( If you move the wings forward it might look better imo.) :)
Af hverju í skollanum er fiskabúr á herbergisgólfinu mínu?
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Cool stuff, I'm diggin' that interior especially. But I already pointed out to you on msn which bits I liked etc.
I just want to add good job.

By the way, the bottom view reminds me of one of these.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Thanks for the replies guys. I added the wings to make it look even less like the Millennium Falcon. If/when I revisit it, I am thinking of removing the wings all together and adding 2 side compartments. I may or may not be able to pull it off, but if I succeed, you will no doubt get to see it. In the mean time, I did get some photos of the crew.

Crew 1
Crew 2
Robot crew

One very disturbing thing happened however. While the Capt. was sleeping, memories from his mind were ripped to create a few villians from friends he had been thinking of. The result was a twisted version of his friends from another time. The first one was an android version of his friend Seb. This version was not the funny, upbeat person he once knew. Instead this version was a humorless assassin, bounty hunter droid.

The other memory he had ripped from his mind was that of a friend he had a 'secret' past with. The memory of this person manifested itself in the form of an alien queen bent on his destruction. She is a queen of ants and won't rest till the Capt's very soul is black-n-Blue.

I had fun with this....I hope you did too.
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Too cool for skool :D
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

:roflol: Its great! I can tell you had much fun with this.

:raiseone: Bent on his destruction am I? :wink:
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

Very strangely that droid reminds me of Aliencat...

Great ship. I like what you've done with the bottom and the interior looks great, but how are the crew supposed to make it through those tiny doorways? From my experience minifigs would need at least a four-stud doorway to walk through, unless they turned sideways. However, turning sideways all the time would likely become likely become an annoyance and in extreme cases could escalate into becoming a very dangerous health hazard. Other than that, yeah, a pretty cool ship. :wink:

-Hob Took
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Thanks Hob. I always remember you for making the cool Ebon Hawk and your other KOTOR stuff. The original doorways were 3 studs wide, and I always made my doorways that wide since I can remember. I'm not sure if this was the 'official' width or just something I was used to doing. The figs make it through fine, with just a minor hinderance of making it through the doorway.

AC and Blue, glad you 2 like it :)