Elf Set Ideas

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

What kind of elves would you like?

Forest-Dwellers
76%
Sea-Farers
6%
Aerial Warriors
2%
All of the above
15%

Total votes: 110

Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Re: Elf Set Ideas

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

Well, the fact that they accidentaly released the picture of the map that showed elves on it, does pretty much confirm the "coming of the elves."

I voted for the foresty theme. I think it fits the elves much better than the others.
Lord Scuba wrote:
If the sets are based in the forest, I hope they don't go over the top with Giant Tree houses, Tree Fortresses, Big Giant Walking Trees which aren't totally ripped off from LoTR, and such though... It just seems... Unnecessary that every building is a tree.
I think a nice combination of LOTR, Eragon, and Runescape elves would be best. I want tree houses, but not a ton of them. There should be some nice, well made stone/wood houses for the elves. And I want ents, I NEED ents!
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Has it actually been confirmed that TLG is doing elves? I thought it was just speculation and hearsay.
No this hasn't been confirmed. At one point it was said "No elves in 2009."

I have no intention of continuing this discussion, just merely answering one question.

Please continue with your speculation and wonder about who they will fight.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Blue Moon Knight wrote:And I want ents, I NEED ents!
Then please do build some ents, my friend, I'd love to see 'em ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Maedhros wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:And I want ents, I NEED ents!
Then please do build some ents, my friend, I'd love to see 'em ;)
Maybe I will, though it'll take a while. Gotta find the proper pieces, then the right design. As for seeing them, that might take even longer considering the fact that I don't take pictures very often; though I do plan on taking some today...

On topic: I hope the elves will have trans. white weapons that can be used as Runescape crystal weapons. I've been pushing this concept some on Brickforge, though I'm not sure if Armothe and Redbean are planning any new trans. colors.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

As you may(or may not) know, Lego will be releasing Elves in late 2008 or early 2009. So, what sets would you want to be made?
[rant]Why are we still talking about Elf sets? Its almost the middle of 2009...no elves.[/rant]

Sorry. I'm not a fan of speculative threads and this one has gone on way too long, in my opinion. If people want elves...why not just build the sets?

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

JoshWedin wrote: If people want elves...why not just build the sets?

Josh
Because some of us can't...
outcast
Apprentice

Post by outcast »

JoshWedin wrote:
As you may(or may not) know, Lego will be releasing Elves in late 2008 or early 2009. So, what sets would you want to be made?
[rant]Why are we still talking about Elf sets? Its almost the middle of 2009...no elves.[/rant]

Sorry. I'm not a fan of speculative threads and this one has gone on way too long, in my opinion. If people want elves...why not just build the sets?

Josh
I agree. The whole bases of elves is a small sketch of an elf in a magazine. IMO it seems unlikely that elves are coming and if they are, theres very little we can do apart from wait. So lets just wait.
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Ah thats part of the fun of the upcoming years release. Guessing and hearing what people would enjoy to come out is a good chance to see what ideas people are interested in.

Of course in the end all the wishful thinking will not make TLC release elves this year but you never know who is reading these posts.

And yes we must wait... till August nonetheless. Why August. Such a long time to wait! :mad:

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

I can hardly wait for the new sets to come out.... DROOL!! :tasty:
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

outcast wrote:
I agree. The whole bases of elves is a small sketch of an elf in a magazine. IMO it seems unlikely that elves are coming and if they are, theres very little we can do apart from wait. So lets just wait.
*sing* Every party has a pooper, that's why we invited you! *unsing* :tasty:

Yes the whole basis of elves is a little sketch, but why put it there if it didn't mean something?
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Please refrain from these kind of comments. We have TOS at CC and these types of comments violate this rule:
There is no flaming. Flaming makes for a negative atmosphere and it will not be tolerated. That means you should avoid yelling at and needlessly criticizing other members.
(see this link for the TOS viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2547 )
Yes the whole basis of elves is a little sketch, but why put it there if it didn't mean something?
Ever hear of a thing called a doodle? Click here for a definition. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/doodle
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

What about Shoe-Making Elves? I want Shoe-Making Elves. :tasty:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Bluesecrets wrote:
Please refrain from these kind of comments. We have TOS at CC and these types of comments violate this rule:
I apologize, my intention wasn't to "flame." It was just meant as a joke. I thought the smilie at the end made that quite clear.
Bluesecrets wrote:
Ever hear of a thing called a doodle? Click here for a definition. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/doodle
Since when do people "doodle" on maps?
outcast
Apprentice

Post by outcast »

While I do agree that it seems a bit odd to doodle on a map, I would like some concrete evidence that elves are coming before mile long discussions like this one take over the forum. The picture might just be to make the map look interesting. Who knows?
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

outcast wrote:While I do agree that it seems a bit odd to doodle on a map, I would like some concrete evidence that elves are coming before mile long discussions like this one take over the forum. The picture might just be to make the map look interesting. Who knows?
Very true. I think we all would like concrete evidence, but for now, we will have our fun!