Weekly Set Review: Black Knight's Treasure

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Weekly Set Review: Black Knight's Treasure

Post by gormadoc1 »

I think this is a nice little set but great because it has the horse and cart. The cart design isnt that great but its big enough for you to add on to it I suppose. Also I have not seen a grey chest in many other sets at all. i'd give it 7/10 it would be better if the actual cart was better. :)
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

nice set. a good way of geting a black falcon fig. nice treasure chest. I might get one of these.
KKI is the best KKI is the best
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Post by DraconisTerrena »

So THAT'S where the grey chest is from. I've seen them in MOCs, but have never been able to determine where it came from. (Come to think of it, I have a black chest that I've never determined the source of). Other than the chest, though, I don't see anything too exciting. It's not bad, just nothing special.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

architect wrote:Join the weekly Classic Castle set review discussion. Please post your opinions on the set play ability, piece selection, design, etc. Which sets stand up to our catapult of critique and which ones crumble in shame!

This week’s set is 6011 Black Knight’s Treasure.

Black Knight’s Treasure, released in 1985, was a treasure cart for the Black Falcons. It has one falcon cart driver, a horse, and accessories. This is the only set that comes with the rare light gray treasure chest.

Wow, I had no idea there was a grey treasure chest, LET ALONE a treasure chest released in 1985?! I thought the treasure chest (well, at least for me personally) premiered in 1987 with the first forestmen set.
For the King's Castle!
veevers24
Newbie of the Month

Post by veevers24 »

oh how I wish I had one of those gray treasure chests - even though the brown ones look better
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

Nice little set, but apart from the unique color of some parts (hitch and chest) nothing spectacular back in the days.
I still wonder why so many two-welled cart got this hinged hitching part. And why so few got the little weels too.

Draconis Terrena> Black chests come from Egypt explorers sets, I have one too, and did seek were it could come from.
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

Isn't this thread a little old? :lol: but seeing as it's here... parts the cart gets an even score it isn't good or bad it just is. a black falcon, plus a little (my favorite faction) and a chest plus some more.so,
cart= 5/10
minifig=0.5/10
chest=1/10
6.5/10
playability 5/10 it is good as long as you have another set.
design another 5, not good not bad,so,
total, 5.5.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...