My LEGO Ambassadorship

Discussion of general LEGO topics
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

My LEGO Ambassadorship

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Howdy Classic-Castle,

For the past year, while there are several LEGO Ambassadors who belong to our community, I have been the official LEGO Ambassador for Classic-Castle. I have tried to represent the community to the best of my ability, and I have tried to be worthy of your trust.

It's been no secret that I have been mostly absent here on Classic-Castle outside of my Administrator and Ambassador duties. While I have not given up building Castle MOCs, it would seem I have a preoccupation with another theme. I have decided I will not turn down a nomination for my local club, TexLUG, if they so choose to want nominate me for another term, as there are only a few interested parties therein, and I feel TexLUG should be represented if given the chance.

The LEGO Ambassador program seems, in some places, to have become a popularity contest, but I do not wish that to be true here. While I have been a community leader in the realm of Castle, and a founder of this website, I feel the ambassadorship should go to the most qualified and community active individual with the best interests in the community in mind.

I have decided I am going to leave my future in being a LEGO Ambassador for Classic-Castle to you, the Classic-Castle community. If you feel I have been serving the community's interests and am the best choice to continue to do so, then I will accept. However, if you feel that there would be another better suited to the job because they are more active in this community then I will step down and not accept a future nomination.

I will bare no hard feelings if I am replaced as LEGO Ambassador for Classic-Castle. This community is far too important to selfishly hold on to some special title or position. Please speak your mind freely.

--Tony

*On a personal note, I have a very short list of names that I would like to see representing this community, but I shall keep this list private (though I may nominate one or two if they are not nominated soon).
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: My LEGO Ambassadorship

Post by architect »

Tony,

I will nominate you if you nominate me /jk ;)

All kidding aside, thank you for your service to Classic-Castle in this past cycle of Lego Ambassadors. I am sure that you represented us well.

Is there any way that the cycle six group of Castle LA's could post what they did individually to further the goals of this community? This may not be possible as some projects and products are likely not released yet. It would be helpful to see how we were represented. I agree that new Ambassadors for Castle are great. It is also nice to have one or two community leaders along with the new LA's.

Ben
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

When asked for input by LEGO, I posted the request here and gave the answers to LEGO, such as when they called for ideas for new playthemes, and most all requests by fans here were passed along to LEGO. Unfortunately talk with LEGO never turned to castle-specific topics, so I could not serve the community in that respect.

Of course one of the big reasons why the LEGO Ambassadors exist that no one realizes is that all Ambassadors must sign a release, which means that all ideas they send into the LEGO company are LEGO property. This includes all data and opinions gathered by the Ambassadors within their communities and then passed along to LEGO. This is part of the program where I do have an issue with, because, among other reasons, I feel those with the ideas never get a chance to help fulfill them.

I did try to acquire a bulk order of limb elements (leaves) on behalf of TexLUG, which if successful I would have tried to include interested parties of Classic-Castle, but I was both unsuccessful and accused by the other Ambassadors of trying to personally gain from my position.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Thanks for serving as an Ambassador this past cycle, Tony.
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."