The votes are in, your choice for ambassadors were (drumroll please) in alphabetical order: Ben, Bluesecrets and Sebastian. Thank you for your votes. We now have an additional request for the community - see the end of this note. Ben, Blue, and Seb, you now have some work to do. From the initial announcement:
• Name and age of the nominee.
• Where is the nominee from?
• Which Group does this nominee represent?
• Does this person consent to being nominated (Please do not submit a nomination on behalf of someone you have not discussed with beforehand).
• Explanation of who the nominees are, what their activities are, and why they would be a good representative of their community (at least 3 testimonials from members of nominating group are required)
• Key interests of the nominee (themes, building styles, and some examples of their building)
• Platform – The nominations should now include a list of the goals that the nominee and the community he/she represents are looking to accomplish as part of the program. Remember the LEGO Ambassador Program is all about the AFOL community having representation into the LEGO Group, so this is an effort to have you think ahead as to what you really think would benefit your communities the most.
Ben, Blue and Seb, gather this material and get it to Ben (Ben, is this okay with you?) ASAP! The deadline for submission to LEGO is July 1 midnight. To be safe we should probably submit it to them on June 30.
Everyone else - Notice that above the nominees are supposed to include "at least 3 testimonials from members of nominating group". Please volunteer to write testimonials as to why we want one of these three as Ambassadors and get it to the nominee so they can complete their package. They'll need this in the next couple of days.
For the record, I'll write one for each of you guys and will get them to you tomorrow. I suggest that other long-time forum members should write at least one testimonial each.