What do you want Lego to do with the current Castle Line.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

What do you want with the Castle line?

Elves/Forestmen
47%
New Different Faction
26%
No more castle line
No votes
Historical theme
15%
Just more sets with same factions
12%

Total votes: 68

Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Re: What do you want Lego to do with the current Castle Line.

Post by Merlin of Lego »

Remember the good old days when there were no questions about the Castle line stopping.

If memory serves me right there were two factions that one could say were enemies. We will use letters to illustrate.

Year 1—A vs B
Year 2—B vs C
Year 3—C vs D
Year 4—D vs E

I don’t remember if it was each year but there was always one older faction and one new faction. With one familiar faction, and one faction yet to discover. You could even say one defeated the other with their newer weapons and better Flags?

I thought that was going to be the basic pattern

Year 1—Crownies vs Skelies
Year 2—Crownies team up with Dwarves vs Trolls
Year 3—Crownies team up with Dwarves vs Trolls with return of Skelies

Year 4—Crownies loose their power in the land as the Trolls get stronger with the return of the undead armies. The Dwarves in their desperation turn to the (New faction goes here, could be elves, forest men, or any one else). They are victorious in the war and the trolls and undead army are defeated. But there is not much time to heal the wounds as…….

Year 5 brings a new invader from over the seas that tries the alliance the Dwarves made with ???????? causing the Dwarves to be gone by the beginning of Year 6.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

The talk of lin elongevity has gotten me thinking. Looking back, what has been the longet lived castle faction? Crusaders? black knights?
Domino Gloria!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

architect wrote:Most lines do last 3 years and then are redesigned. So I would not be surprised if this was the case for the current castle line.
But if the castle line is redesigned, wouldn't that make it a new castle line? I mean, it would still be castle, but it would be a different theme. Right?

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

timber_wolf899 wrote:The talk of lin elongevity has gotten me thinking. Looking back, what has been the longet lived castle faction? Crusaders? black knights?
Lion Knights/Crusaders were in production continuously from 1984 to 1992. I believe these nine years are the longest of any Lego Castle faction.
But if the castle line is redesigned, wouldn't that make it a new castle line? I mean, it would still be castle, but it would be a different theme. Right?
When the Lego Castle line is eventually redesigned in the future, it will have new factions. They will still be a part of the "Legoland Castle", "System Castle", "Knight's Kingdom", and "Castle" theme.

Ben
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I think looking to KKII to the current line as a guide on how it will run and for how long is off. KKII from what I have gathered here and the little on the Lego end of year reports did not do as well as the current castle line. I guess they could stop it when they wish but I think in the end the money is a major factor in production.

In the end I would not be adverse to more historic based sets or elves and other fantasy sets.

I sure hope the do not replace the castle line with PoP..... it to me just is not interchangeable. Maybe as a subtheme or something I'd be OK with it but replacing it outright I'd be less interested.... if they use fleshies I might just forgo them and increase my BL, eBay and garage sale purchases.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

architect wrote:When the Lego Castle line is eventually redesigned in the future, it will have new factions. They will still be a part of the "Legoland Castle", "System Castle", "Knight's Kingdom", and "Castle" theme.

Ben
Okay, we are using the same words for different meanings, or different words for the same meaning. What I call line, you call theme. What I call theme, you call faction. It's so nice to agree with each other, eh?

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
DO+1
emoticon patrol

Post by DO+1 »

I sincerely hope the castle line will get better,with new awesome pieces :D
But anyways :roll:, I voted historical because although unlikely, I do not like the dragons and wish there were 2
human factions..........ahhh, the good o'l days :roflol:
I love Yellow Castle and all it's yellowiness!
I am Daniel,maker of Castle Dioramas but no availible cameraand that sucks Megabloks

You need Lego,life is not complete without it[ no exceptions]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Here's what I want. "Don't screw it up with giving us something that looks like characters from a ceral box or a circus." :orc: If it isn't broke, don't fix it. Maybe put the guy who did the now infamous "doodle" in charge of the next sets that come out. He seemed to have a grasp on the obvious. In the end though, it really won't matter because anything they make will be fodder for MOCs. :sly:

So I guess in esscence I vote for: Elves/Forestman, New Factions, and Same factions in the current line.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Ceedubb of the Bulls
Serf

Post by Ceedubb of the Bulls »

Quickblade22 wrote:Here's what I want. "Don't screw it up...etc
well said sir. i think this encapsulates all of our thoughts on this topic.
Never trust an elf.
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

There is a good chance that there is at least one more year out there for us. Looking at the Advent calendar all but one of the special figs have shown up in sets with the exception of one.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=cas397

This lends itself to the chance of another dark/bad faction
CastleLord
Reeve

Post by CastleLord »

Merlin of Lego wrote:There is a good chance that there is at least one more year out there for us. Looking at the Advent calendar all but one of the special figs have shown up in sets with the exception of one.

She is in the Giant castle chess set: Linky.
CastleLord. The Lord of the castle.
TFOL and computer nerd. I do as I please and live life to the fullest!
Please visit:
and [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/]My Flickr[/url]
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

CastleLord wrote:
Merlin of Lego wrote:There is a good chance that there is at least one more year out there for us. Looking at the Advent calendar all but one of the special figs have shown up in sets with the exception of one.

She is in the Giant castle chess set: Linky.
I discovered that right after I posted. I still think that that is a very limited use for a fairly good fig.
When you consider the price of the chess set and the limited release of the advent Calendar. But as I write this I am reminded of the just as restricted Good Wizard. I bought him on bricklink a in the last month and love him.

Possible wish for next year if done right..... Good Wizard vs Evil Witch, each with an expanded faction
cheeso194
Serf

Post by cheeso194 »

I voted " A new different faction" because I reeeally hope they make some undersea guys using SPIII heads or Red Trolls or Troll Berserkers :orc: using that demon head that came in that game.
Gijs25
Villein

Post by Gijs25 »

I voted Forestmen/Elves, because I would love to see the Forestmen return. It would be nice to if there would come another human vs. human line, like said before, cause I don't really like the trolls and stuff. Maybe some old factions in the new line, or some good new factions, without all this fantasy rubbish in it.
thedevil44
Serf

Post by thedevil44 »

I really don't mind what Lego does in this next year, just as long as there is a next year. The only thing that could really upset me is a hiatus. The Castle line is the only line I buy religiously, between new releases I scour bricklink and ebay for older sets. In the end I don't really care what TLC gives us, just as long as they give us something. :wink: