The Black Falcon

Post by Thor »

Enjoy you Black Falcon Fans. :)
Hound Knight
Artiste De Sigifigs

Re: The Black Falcon

Post by Hound Knight »

Woah, dude, you're amazing! :twitch:
"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

Great drawing! I think this is the first 'real life' version of a castle minifig or building i have ever seen.
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

DNL and HK, thanks for the love. Not many people have bee perusing this summer like they used to, so I need these comments to motivate me to keep at it. I did vladek and the orc kind of comic earlier this year and ever since then I had wanted to try to do something realistic. I like the idea of creating something that the minifigs could be based off of. I think my style always will have that comic look to it, but this knight does seem more believable than others in the past. The only thing that I wish I could change is the horse leg on the left. It should be bigger as it's closer to the viewer than the other leg. Other than that I really like this one and am planning on doing an archer and a wolf pack fig, and one of the chicks from the MMV.
fenris
Villein

Post by fenris »

hi thor,

great job again! if you wouldn't mention the "leg" i think that nobody would have noticed... it's really a nice idea: real knight turned into lego, lego turned into semi-realistic comic knight!

must be hard using those pencils... every mistake stays there (but i don't find one). my only chance is acryl, so i can paint over and over again :)
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

fenris wrote:hi thor,

great job again! if you wouldn't mention the "leg" i think that nobody would have noticed... it's really a nice idea: real knight turned into lego, lego turned into semi-realistic comic knight!

must be hard using those pencils... every mistake stays there (but i don't find one). my only chance is acryl, so i can paint over and over again :)

Thanks man. Yeah, markers and colored pencils are definatley less forgiving than paint. Can't wait for my package :D
Hound Knight
Artiste De Sigifigs

Post by Hound Knight »

Thor wrote:The only thing that I wish I could change is the horse leg on the left. It should be bigger as it's closer to the viewer than the other leg.
Don't feel bad, that's better than any horse I've ever drawn. :oops: :)
"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Very nice! Did you use Prismacolor markers? Surprisingly, the orange sky works very well here.

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Excellent work! You've definitely been improving. I've very impressed.
DNL wrote:Great drawing! I think this is the first 'real life' version of a castle minifig or building i have ever seen.
Reiniger has also created some very nice 'real life' lego art. I commisioned one of my sigfig. He hasn't logged into the forums since January...so I don't know if has left the hobby, but he is very talented.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

Thanks Porsche and Josh. Yeah, what happended to that guy, I remember he was selling/trading commisions? I'm sure he will be back, there are times where I don't find myself on the board often and times like now where i'm addicted ! :)

I do take commission work though (Hint, Hint) I'll work for legos.

Gald everyone likes, I will keep posting them as I draw them.