Thank You for The Plumes

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
DO+1
emoticon patrol

Thank You for The Plumes

Post by DO+1 »

Thank You TLC,for producing plumes again.
I recollect that in an interview about the 2007 line you said wouldn't have plumes in a while, if ever :cry:
But to my surprise,I see plumes in the 2009 sets!I Think It is one of those details that makes your knights look that much better,so thank you Lego :)
I love Yellow Castle and all it's yellowiness!
I am Daniel,maker of Castle Dioramas but no availible cameraand that sucks Megabloks

You need Lego,life is not complete without it[ no exceptions]
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Re: Thank You for The Plumes

Post by Aliencat »

It's funny you should bring up this subject, because they did say the old plumes most likely were not coming back, and indeed almost 2 years later they made all new plumes, so the old ones are history right?.
But in the new Vintage Minifigure Collection volume 4 there's a forestman with the old small single plume. Curious fact, no?
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
DO+1
emoticon patrol

Post by DO+1 »

Hey Aliencat,this is off subject,but is volume 3 availible yet,
and do you have pics of volume 4 by any chance?

But back on subject,having that small plume again is weird :?
Maybe, just maybe they will be in new sets :)
I am Daniel,maker of Castle Dioramas but no availible cameraand that sucks Megabloks

Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

DO+1 wrote:Hey Aliencat,this is off subject,but is volume 3 availible yet
Not yet by my knowledge.
DO+1 wrote:and do you have pics of volume 4 by any chance?
There's a thread on it here.
DO+1 wrote:Maybe, just maybe they will be in new sets
I wouldn't count on it, not with the new plumes at least.
What's more curious though, is that they used to be produced in a wheel with the trippe, large single and small single plume attached to it. Now this Vintage Minifigure Collection has only the small single one.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

DO+1
emoticon patrol

Post by DO+1 »

Thank you Aliencat, I dont want to miss out on any of the volumes :D

But then do you suppose there are extra three and large plumes lying around somewhere
from the plume-wheels?

I also wish Lego would include the new plumes in more sets in quanity :)

Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Aliencat wrote:
DO+1 wrote:Hey Aliencat,this is off subject,but is volume 3 availible yet
Not yet by my knowledge.
I stand corrected, they are available now at LEGO Stores.

DO+1
emoticon patrol

Post by DO+1 »

Aliencat,could you kindly give me a link, I can't find them anywhere on the US website :?

EDIT: (man I love to get off topic :lol: )
Anyways, continuing the plume conservation, I love the new plumes, but why go through all the trouble of
making a new design when they obviously have at the very least one of the old designs, but I remember from the
07 interview that it was about cost :raiseone:,so i guess that means no old plumes :cry:

Baites
Foot Soldier

Post by Baites »

I too would like to say thank you to TLG for bringing back plumes. I have too many hats and helmets that have the hole for a plum, but there were none to be had. Now I hope that plums will be made available through PAB.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

I love the new plumes. They have a very dynamic look to them. I hope they release them in more colors down the line.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I like the new plumes too. I'm especially fond of the use of transcolored ones for flames.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

DO+1 wrote:Aliencat,could you kindly give me a link, I can't find them anywhere on the US website
Nope, it's not available on Shop@Home, but a member of our LUG spotted them at the local LEGO Store (Oberhausen), and someone else saw them at a different LEGO Store (Köln). So they're in the LEGO Stores now, just not on Shop@Home yet.

DO+1
emoticon patrol

Post by DO+1 »

Karalora wrote: I hope they release them in more colors down the line.
I also hope they are released in more colors, like white,black and yellow :)

Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

DO+1 wrote:
Karalora wrote: I hope they release them in more colors down the line.
I also hope they are released in more colors, like white,black and yellow :)
It looks like at least one of your wishes is going to come true. Here is a link to one of the upcoming Prince of Persia figures that was recently displayed at Comic-Con. Note the awesome white plume.

I too would love to see more plumes that are available in more colours. More than that, however, I'd really just like for them to be more available, perhaps in a castle parts-pack or through PaB. So add me to the list of those clamouring for more plumes!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Not sure this was said here or not but the volume three was around lego;and windsor last week along with one and two...

I may be tempted to buy this one actually. The castle to other ratio is rather good! :D

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Black_Walnut
Villein

Post by Black_Walnut »

While I no doubt appreciate the new plumes, a return of the old three plume wheel would have been preferred. The new "plume" piece is equal parts flame, plume and bird tail. The mold is a great jack of all trades, so I understand it from the Lego Groups economic perspective, but i find it lacking as a pure "plume" piece. That being said, I hope we keep seeing them in more sets, and in more colors!!!

The old wheel plumes were better meant to stick in the holes of minifig headgear. The fact that the latest vintage figure collection comes with one of the old ones really makes me suspect of some of the comments I've heard from the Lego Group in the past. Weren't we told that the mold was lost so we would never see them again? Or it wasn't economically feasible to make a new mold? I cant imagine that Lego can make a new mold for a somewhat limited "collectors set" that I'm sure will sell less then other products in the current castle line.

Perhaps my memory is faulty, but either way either any plume is better then no plume as far as my minifig knights are concerned!