BrickCon 2009: Photoshoot Volunteers?

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

BrickCon 2009: Photoshoot Volunteers?

Post by plums_deify »

NOTE: This is NOT to sign up your sigfig. Please do not post links to your sigfig.

Hey, CC!

It's time for me to start thinking about the SigFig photohoot, but I have one big question: how many of you are going, and are able to help construct figs?

I know with the econcomy and such, some of my usual suspects aren't able to make it to the con this year. I want to make sure I have enough people to help construct figs before I commit to organizing the shoot.

If you ARE going to BrickCon this year, and CAN help make figs, please let me know either by replying here, PM, or e-mail.

Thank you!
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
Tedward
Squire

Re: BrickCon 2009: Photoshoot Volunteers?

Post by Tedward »

I will be there and I can help. :wave:
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

I'll be there, and can help out with the figs :D
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

I should be there also, I can help
Barbrickian
Freeman

Post by Barbrickian »

I just realized this is in Seattle, so I can definitely make it. I'm new to the Classic Castle community and haven't been before, so I don't have any idea what all transpires at BrickCon... I've checked out the BrickCon website and still don't really know. I'm assuming there are MOCs on display. What else? What kind of help do you need assembling sigfigs? Does that just mean assembling them from pieces that will be there? I could help with that if I'm able to be there on the right day. Some enlightenment would help. Thanks!
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

Yeah, looking like I'm gonna make it up, so I can pitch in as usual.
Barbrickian wrote:I just realized this is in Seattle, so I can definitely make it. I'm new to the Classic Castle community and haven't been before, so I don't have any idea what all transpires at BrickCon... I've checked out the BrickCon website and still don't really know. I'm assuming there are MOCs on display. What else? What kind of help do you need assembling sigfigs? Does that just mean assembling them from pieces that will be there? I could help with that if I'm able to be there on the right day. Some enlightenment would help. Thanks!
For the photoshoot we try and assemble as many sigfigs as we can from our private collections, a much more major endeavor than it sounds since people tend to make their figs from less common pieces so it requires a combined effort. Very few people have every torso, printed leg, armor, helmet, head, weapon etc. ever made. Apart from the bazaar and what LEGO brings for their booth there's not much in the way of brick just lying around that you can use for whatever, the con is pretty much made entirely of what fans bring.

If you are in the area you should definitely come. If you can't come all three days then register for one of the days, at the very least come for the public hours. Lego cons are a blast and brickcon is one of the best there is.
Aliencat wrote:I'll be there, and can help out with the figs :D
!!! :woo:
Barbrickian
Freeman

Post by Barbrickian »

BreadMan wrote:Yeah, looking like I'm gonna make it up, so I can pitch in as usual.
Barbrickian wrote:I just realized this is in Seattle, so I can definitely make it. I'm new to the Classic Castle community and haven't been before, so I don't have any idea what all transpires at BrickCon... I've checked out the BrickCon website and still don't really know. I'm assuming there are MOCs on display. What else? What kind of help do you need assembling sigfigs? Does that just mean assembling them from pieces that will be there? I could help with that if I'm able to be there on the right day. Some enlightenment would help. Thanks!
For the photoshoot we try and assemble as many sigfigs as we can from our private collections, a much more major endeavor than it sounds since people tend to make their figs from less common pieces so it requires a combined effort. Very few people have every torso, printed leg, armor, helmet, head, weapon etc. ever made. Apart from the bazaar and what LEGO brings for their booth there's not much in the way of brick just lying around that you can use for whatever, the con is pretty much made entirely of what fans bring.

If you are in the area you should definitely come. If you can't come all three days then register for one of the days, at the very least come for the public hours. Lego cons are a blast and brickcon is one of the best there is.
Aliencat wrote:I'll be there, and can help out with the figs :D
!!! :woo:
What's the difference between the public and private hours? Do different things happen over the course of four days, or can I see it all if I come one day?
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

Private hours are...everything! The seminars, the events, the contests, the prizes, Dirty Brickster, the Keynotes, the QA with LEGO, the Late Night LEGO Store event...all for $50. A serious bargain.

Public hours are when we get to show off to the rest of the world how awesome we are. It's a 4 hour time frame on Saturday and Sunday, whereas the Con really doesn't...stop between Thursday and Sunday.

You can see all of the creations in one day, but I'd say the cons are about more than just the LEGO.

Okay. It seems I have enough volunteers. Looks like we'll stage the photoshoot. I'll leave this open for more general discussion of BrickCon, and post the Sig-fig sign-ups.

Thanks!
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

plums_deify wrote:Okay. It seems I have enough volunteers. Looks like we'll stage the photoshoot. I'll leave this open for more general discussion of BrickCon, and post the Sig-fig sign-ups.

Thanks!
Hey Caylin,

Since you have enough volunteers, I'm releasing this thread from its sticky. As Bruce says, "Fly away, little thread! Be free!"

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]