glue and lego torso designs?

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

glue and lego torso designs?

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

So will a standard gluestick damage lego torso design ink? Just wondering as I may wish to add some custom features to some of my minifigs but do not want to rise damaging them. Is acid free glue better?

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Re: glue and lego torso designs?

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Many years ago I used a glue stick to put on some custom torsos. One or two of them have been ruined as I can't get the last of the glue residue off it. I've tried all the residue removers that I know of and none have seemed to work and I think it's because it's stuck right to the paint. Since then, I have decided to only use blank torsos for any custom work because then there is no temptation to want to remove the sticker to remember what was underneath of it.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

YOR,

Do you think it was the glue that took the ink off or the glue remover? Do you know what type of glue you used? I wish I knew more about the ink Lego used on these minifigs. It might be possible to find something that does not damage them.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

whoa - what kinda glue stick did you use?? I've used them for years and had no problems. Basic 99 cent store glue sticks, and when you want to remove the glue and the paper "sticker" simply plop them in some warm water for a few minutes.
Seriously - Never had a problem..
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Ye Olde Republic wrote:I've tried all the residue removers that I know of and none have seemed to work and I think it's because it's stuck right to the paint.
This sounds like a great place to note that I've had great success using gun solvents to remove sticker residue without also removing the torso printing.